Apr 21, 2013, 10:51 AM EST
Kansas State made a late addition to their 2013 recruiting class as former George Washington commit Nigel Johnson pledged to Bruce Weber and the Wildcats.
Proud to say I just committed to Kansas State University!! Excited to be a Wildcat next year!! #blessed🙏🏀🙏🏀
— Nigel Johnson (@TakingFlight_23) April 21, 2013
Johnson is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals. A native of Prince George’s county, the same DC suburbs that has produced talent like Kevin Durant and Michael Beasley, Johnson played his senior season at Riverdale Baptist in Maryland while traversing the AAU circuit with the DC Assault. While he played the point, Johnson is more known for his ability to score the ball.
Johnson joins another point guard — and former St. John’s and Dayton commit — Jevon Thomas, lanky forward Wesley Iwundu and big man Neville Fincher in Kansas State’s recruiting class.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)