Apr 21, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
Kansas State made a late addition to their 2013 recruiting class as former George Washington commit Nigel Johnson pledged to Bruce Weber and the Wildcats.
Proud to say I just committed to Kansas State University!! Excited to be a Wildcat next year!! #blessed🙏🏀🙏🏀
— Nigel Johnson (@TakingFlight_23) April 21, 2013
Johnson is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals. A native of Prince George’s county, the same DC suburbs that has produced talent like Kevin Durant and Michael Beasley, Johnson played his senior season at Riverdale Baptist in Maryland while traversing the AAU circuit with the DC Assault. While he played the point, Johnson is more known for his ability to score the ball.
Johnson joins another point guard — and former St. John’s and Dayton commit — Jevon Thomas, lanky forward Wesley Iwundu and big man Neville Fincher in Kansas State’s recruiting class.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 30
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (30)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)