Apr 21, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
Kansas State made a late addition to their 2013 recruiting class as former George Washington commit Nigel Johnson pledged to Bruce Weber and the Wildcats.
Proud to say I just committed to Kansas State University!! Excited to be a Wildcat next year!! #blessed🙏🏀🙏🏀
— Nigel Johnson (@TakingFlight_23) April 21, 2013
Johnson is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals. A native of Prince George’s county, the same DC suburbs that has produced talent like Kevin Durant and Michael Beasley, Johnson played his senior season at Riverdale Baptist in Maryland while traversing the AAU circuit with the DC Assault. While he played the point, Johnson is more known for his ability to score the ball.
Johnson joins another point guard — and former St. John’s and Dayton commit — Jevon Thomas, lanky forward Wesley Iwundu and big man Neville Fincher in Kansas State’s recruiting class.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 0
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (84)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)