Apr 21, 2013, 10:51 AM EST
Kansas State made a late addition to their 2013 recruiting class as former George Washington commit Nigel Johnson pledged to Bruce Weber and the Wildcats.
Proud to say I just committed to Kansas State University!! Excited to be a Wildcat next year!! #blessed🙏🏀🙏🏀
— Nigel Johnson (@TakingFlight_23) April 21, 2013
Johnson is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals. A native of Prince George’s county, the same DC suburbs that has produced talent like Kevin Durant and Michael Beasley, Johnson played his senior season at Riverdale Baptist in Maryland while traversing the AAU circuit with the DC Assault. While he played the point, Johnson is more known for his ability to score the ball.
Johnson joins another point guard — and former St. John’s and Dayton commit — Jevon Thomas, lanky forward Wesley Iwundu and big man Neville Fincher in Kansas State’s recruiting class.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 2
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 1
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)