Apr 21, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
Kansas State made a late addition to their 2013 recruiting class as former George Washington commit Nigel Johnson pledged to Bruce Weber and the Wildcats.
Proud to say I just committed to Kansas State University!! Excited to be a Wildcat next year!! #blessed🙏🏀🙏🏀
— Nigel Johnson (@TakingFlight_23) April 21, 2013
Johnson is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals. A native of Prince George’s county, the same DC suburbs that has produced talent like Kevin Durant and Michael Beasley, Johnson played his senior season at Riverdale Baptist in Maryland while traversing the AAU circuit with the DC Assault. While he played the point, Johnson is more known for his ability to score the ball.
Johnson joins another point guard — and former St. John’s and Dayton commit — Jevon Thomas, lanky forward Wesley Iwundu and big man Neville Fincher in Kansas State’s recruiting class.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)