Apr 21, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
On the day that the Georgia basketball program added a recruit who played a year in Texas it was reported that an assistant coach may be headed to the Lone Star State to join a former boss.
According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, TCU head coach Trent Johnson is expected to add current Georgia assistant Kwanza Johnson to his staff. Johnson, who has been an assistant under Mark Fox for the last six seasons (three at Nevada), would replace former TCU assistant Pooh Williamson.
Williamson recently joined Tubby Smith’s staff at Texas Tech, reuniting with the man who coached him during his playing days at Tulsa during the mid-1990s.
During his time at Nevada, Johnson was responsible for working with the front court players, helping tutor both Nick Fazekas, Javale McGee and Luke Babbitt.
Fazekas won his third WAC Player of the Year award and was also an All-America selection during his one season under Johnson, while Babbitt won WAC Newcomer of the Year in 2009 and was a first team All-WAC selection in each of his two seasons in Reno.
A native of Tulsa, Johnson played a key role in the recruitment of Georgia signee Juwan Parker.
“My family has a good relationship with coach Kwanza and coach Fox, and Georgia has one of the best business schools in the country,” Parker told the Tulsa World when announcing his decision last August.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)