Apr 21, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
On the day that the Georgia basketball program added a recruit who played a year in Texas it was reported that an assistant coach may be headed to the Lone Star State to join a former boss.
According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, TCU head coach Trent Johnson is expected to add current Georgia assistant Kwanza Johnson to his staff. Johnson, who has been an assistant under Mark Fox for the last six seasons (three at Nevada), would replace former TCU assistant Pooh Williamson.
Williamson recently joined Tubby Smith’s staff at Texas Tech, reuniting with the man who coached him during his playing days at Tulsa during the mid-1990s.
During his time at Nevada, Johnson was responsible for working with the front court players, helping tutor both Nick Fazekas, Javale McGee and Luke Babbitt.
Fazekas won his third WAC Player of the Year award and was also an All-America selection during his one season under Johnson, while Babbitt won WAC Newcomer of the Year in 2009 and was a first team All-WAC selection in each of his two seasons in Reno.
A native of Tulsa, Johnson played a key role in the recruitment of Georgia signee Juwan Parker.
“My family has a good relationship with coach Kwanza and coach Fox, and Georgia has one of the best business schools in the country,” Parker told the Tulsa World when announcing his decision last August.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)