Apr 22, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
Former Arizona guard Josiah Turner has been sentenced after his DUI arrest last year.
Turner, who spent one season in Tucson, has been jailed after reaching a plea agreement in an “extreme DUI” case. Turner’s blood alcohol content when he was arrested on April 26 by University of Arizona police on suspicion of DUI was between .15 and .19, which falls into the “extreme” category of DUI.
In total, Turner was sentenced to two days in jail, $1,529 in fines and ordered to undergo an alcohol evaluation as well as completing a MADD program. He was also given the opportunity to offset $250 of those fines with 25 hours of community service.
In his single season with the Wildcats, Turner averaged 6.8 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists for coach Sean Miller. He decided to transfer to SMU to play for Larry Brown before choosing to pursue professional opportunities. Since then, Turner has played for teams in Canada and Hungary. He was cut from the Canadian team, the Halifax Rainmen, midseason.
Turner, who declared for the NBA Draft last week, is now scheduled for review on his case on Feb. 5 of 2014.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)