Apr 22, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
Former Arizona guard Josiah Turner has been sentenced after his DUI arrest last year.
Turner, who spent one season in Tucson, has been jailed after reaching a plea agreement in an “extreme DUI” case. Turner’s blood alcohol content when he was arrested on April 26 by University of Arizona police on suspicion of DUI was between .15 and .19, which falls into the “extreme” category of DUI.
In total, Turner was sentenced to two days in jail, $1,529 in fines and ordered to undergo an alcohol evaluation as well as completing a MADD program. He was also given the opportunity to offset $250 of those fines with 25 hours of community service.
In his single season with the Wildcats, Turner averaged 6.8 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists for coach Sean Miller. He decided to transfer to SMU to play for Larry Brown before choosing to pursue professional opportunities. Since then, Turner has played for teams in Canada and Hungary. He was cut from the Canadian team, the Halifax Rainmen, midseason.
Turner, who declared for the NBA Draft last week, is now scheduled for review on his case on Feb. 5 of 2014.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)