Apr 22, 2013, 8:59 PM EST
Former Arizona guard Josiah Turner has been sentenced after his DUI arrest last year.
Turner, who spent one season in Tucson, has been jailed after reaching a plea agreement in an “extreme DUI” case. Turner’s blood alcohol content when he was arrested on April 26 by University of Arizona police on suspicion of DUI was between .15 and .19, which falls into the “extreme” category of DUI.
In total, Turner was sentenced to two days in jail, $1,529 in fines and ordered to undergo an alcohol evaluation as well as completing a MADD program. He was also given the opportunity to offset $250 of those fines with 25 hours of community service.
In his single season with the Wildcats, Turner averaged 6.8 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists for coach Sean Miller. He decided to transfer to SMU to play for Larry Brown before choosing to pursue professional opportunities. Since then, Turner has played for teams in Canada and Hungary. He was cut from the Canadian team, the Halifax Rainmen, midseason.
Turner, who declared for the NBA Draft last week, is now scheduled for review on his case on Feb. 5 of 2014.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)