Apr 22, 2013, 8:59 PM EST
Former Arizona guard Josiah Turner has been sentenced after his DUI arrest last year.
Turner, who spent one season in Tucson, has been jailed after reaching a plea agreement in an “extreme DUI” case. Turner’s blood alcohol content when he was arrested on April 26 by University of Arizona police on suspicion of DUI was between .15 and .19, which falls into the “extreme” category of DUI.
In total, Turner was sentenced to two days in jail, $1,529 in fines and ordered to undergo an alcohol evaluation as well as completing a MADD program. He was also given the opportunity to offset $250 of those fines with 25 hours of community service.
In his single season with the Wildcats, Turner averaged 6.8 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists for coach Sean Miller. He decided to transfer to SMU to play for Larry Brown before choosing to pursue professional opportunities. Since then, Turner has played for teams in Canada and Hungary. He was cut from the Canadian team, the Halifax Rainmen, midseason.
Turner, who declared for the NBA Draft last week, is now scheduled for review on his case on Feb. 5 of 2014.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)