Apr 22, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
Jeff Goodman set the college basketball twittersphere ablaze on Monday morning when he tweeted out the following:
Been told Andrew Wiggins has canceled his home visits with Kansas, UNC and Florida State early this week.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 22, 2013
Wiggins is being recruited by four schools: Kansas, UNC, Florida State and Kentucky. Kentucky is the only one you don’t see mentioned above. Thus, this means he has to be going to Kentucky because totally the only reason that anyone would ever cancel visits is, like, they know where they want to go, right?
Typically, yes. That would probably be the case.
But there is nothing typical about Andrew Wiggins. And there is nothing typical about his recruitment.
Wiggins doesn’t enjoy the spotlight. He’s exhausted by the recruiting process and the incessant media attention that it gets. He’s spent the past three weeks criss-crossing the country for all-star events. He still hasn’t gotten home from the Nike Hoop Summit this past weekend thanks to flight cancellations. And he’ll still be talking to those coaches by phone.
The kid just wants a break.
People will over think this. In the end, Wiggins is drained from all-star games the past three weeks. Has no impact on college choice.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) April 22, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)