Apr 22, 2013, 10:41 AM EST
Jeff Goodman set the college basketball twittersphere ablaze on Monday morning when he tweeted out the following:
Been told Andrew Wiggins has canceled his home visits with Kansas, UNC and Florida State early this week.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 22, 2013
Wiggins is being recruited by four schools: Kansas, UNC, Florida State and Kentucky. Kentucky is the only one you don’t see mentioned above. Thus, this means he has to be going to Kentucky because totally the only reason that anyone would ever cancel visits is, like, they know where they want to go, right?
Typically, yes. That would probably be the case.
But there is nothing typical about Andrew Wiggins. And there is nothing typical about his recruitment.
Wiggins doesn’t enjoy the spotlight. He’s exhausted by the recruiting process and the incessant media attention that it gets. He’s spent the past three weeks criss-crossing the country for all-star events. He still hasn’t gotten home from the Nike Hoop Summit this past weekend thanks to flight cancellations. And he’ll still be talking to those coaches by phone.
The kid just wants a break.
People will over think this. In the end, Wiggins is drained from all-star games the past three weeks. Has no impact on college choice.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) April 22, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)