Apr 22, 2013, 10:41 AM EST
Jeff Goodman set the college basketball twittersphere ablaze on Monday morning when he tweeted out the following:
Been told Andrew Wiggins has canceled his home visits with Kansas, UNC and Florida State early this week.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 22, 2013
Wiggins is being recruited by four schools: Kansas, UNC, Florida State and Kentucky. Kentucky is the only one you don’t see mentioned above. Thus, this means he has to be going to Kentucky because totally the only reason that anyone would ever cancel visits is, like, they know where they want to go, right?
Typically, yes. That would probably be the case.
But there is nothing typical about Andrew Wiggins. And there is nothing typical about his recruitment.
Wiggins doesn’t enjoy the spotlight. He’s exhausted by the recruiting process and the incessant media attention that it gets. He’s spent the past three weeks criss-crossing the country for all-star events. He still hasn’t gotten home from the Nike Hoop Summit this past weekend thanks to flight cancellations. And he’ll still be talking to those coaches by phone.
The kid just wants a break.
People will over think this. In the end, Wiggins is drained from all-star games the past three weeks. Has no impact on college choice.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) April 22, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)