Apr 22, 2013, 10:41 AM EST
Jeff Goodman set the college basketball twittersphere ablaze on Monday morning when he tweeted out the following:
Been told Andrew Wiggins has canceled his home visits with Kansas, UNC and Florida State early this week.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 22, 2013
Wiggins is being recruited by four schools: Kansas, UNC, Florida State and Kentucky. Kentucky is the only one you don’t see mentioned above. Thus, this means he has to be going to Kentucky because totally the only reason that anyone would ever cancel visits is, like, they know where they want to go, right?
Typically, yes. That would probably be the case.
But there is nothing typical about Andrew Wiggins. And there is nothing typical about his recruitment.
Wiggins doesn’t enjoy the spotlight. He’s exhausted by the recruiting process and the incessant media attention that it gets. He’s spent the past three weeks criss-crossing the country for all-star events. He still hasn’t gotten home from the Nike Hoop Summit this past weekend thanks to flight cancellations. And he’ll still be talking to those coaches by phone.
The kid just wants a break.
People will over think this. In the end, Wiggins is drained from all-star games the past three weeks. Has no impact on college choice.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) April 22, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 0
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)