Apr 22, 2013, 10:41 AM EST
Jeff Goodman set the college basketball twittersphere ablaze on Monday morning when he tweeted out the following:
Been told Andrew Wiggins has canceled his home visits with Kansas, UNC and Florida State early this week.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 22, 2013
Wiggins is being recruited by four schools: Kansas, UNC, Florida State and Kentucky. Kentucky is the only one you don’t see mentioned above. Thus, this means he has to be going to Kentucky because totally the only reason that anyone would ever cancel visits is, like, they know where they want to go, right?
Typically, yes. That would probably be the case.
But there is nothing typical about Andrew Wiggins. And there is nothing typical about his recruitment.
Wiggins doesn’t enjoy the spotlight. He’s exhausted by the recruiting process and the incessant media attention that it gets. He’s spent the past three weeks criss-crossing the country for all-star events. He still hasn’t gotten home from the Nike Hoop Summit this past weekend thanks to flight cancellations. And he’ll still be talking to those coaches by phone.
The kid just wants a break.
People will over think this. In the end, Wiggins is drained from all-star games the past three weeks. Has no impact on college choice.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) April 22, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)