Apr 22, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
On Friday, we wrote about the ten most important early entry decisions that are left to be made. That afternoon, Gonzaga’s Kelly Olynyk became the first from that group to decide, as he announced that he would, in fact, be leaving school to head off to the NBA.
And now, it appears as if a second player from that group is ready to make a decision.
Syracuse junior forward CJ Fair will have a press conference this week — possibly as early as Tuesday — to announce whether or not he will be entering the NBA Draft or staying in college for his senior season, according to Mike Waters of the Syracuse Post-Standard.
Fair led the Orange in scoring, rebounding and three-point shooting this season. At 6-foot-8, the left-handed Fair is a perfect fit for the Orange on the defensive end of the floor, but his soft shooting touch and ability to score from the perimeter makes him a weapon that they desperately need offensively. As good as guys like Jerami Grant, Tyler Roberson and BJ Johnson are, none of them are as talented offensively as Fair is.
He’s a weapon that the Orange need if they are going to be an ACC contender next season, especially with Michael Carter-Williams joining James Southerland and Brandon Triche out the door.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)