Apr 22, 2013, 12:51 PM EST
On Friday, we wrote about the ten most important early entry decisions that are left to be made. That afternoon, Gonzaga’s Kelly Olynyk became the first from that group to decide, as he announced that he would, in fact, be leaving school to head off to the NBA.
And now, it appears as if a second player from that group is ready to make a decision.
Syracuse junior forward CJ Fair will have a press conference this week — possibly as early as Tuesday — to announce whether or not he will be entering the NBA Draft or staying in college for his senior season, according to Mike Waters of the Syracuse Post-Standard.
Fair led the Orange in scoring, rebounding and three-point shooting this season. At 6-foot-8, the left-handed Fair is a perfect fit for the Orange on the defensive end of the floor, but his soft shooting touch and ability to score from the perimeter makes him a weapon that they desperately need offensively. As good as guys like Jerami Grant, Tyler Roberson and BJ Johnson are, none of them are as talented offensively as Fair is.
He’s a weapon that the Orange need if they are going to be an ACC contender next season, especially with Michael Carter-Williams joining James Southerland and Brandon Triche out the door.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)