Apr 22, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
On Friday, we wrote about the ten most important early entry decisions that are left to be made. That afternoon, Gonzaga’s Kelly Olynyk became the first from that group to decide, as he announced that he would, in fact, be leaving school to head off to the NBA.
And now, it appears as if a second player from that group is ready to make a decision.
Syracuse junior forward CJ Fair will have a press conference this week — possibly as early as Tuesday — to announce whether or not he will be entering the NBA Draft or staying in college for his senior season, according to Mike Waters of the Syracuse Post-Standard.
Fair led the Orange in scoring, rebounding and three-point shooting this season. At 6-foot-8, the left-handed Fair is a perfect fit for the Orange on the defensive end of the floor, but his soft shooting touch and ability to score from the perimeter makes him a weapon that they desperately need offensively. As good as guys like Jerami Grant, Tyler Roberson and BJ Johnson are, none of them are as talented offensively as Fair is.
He’s a weapon that the Orange need if they are going to be an ACC contender next season, especially with Michael Carter-Williams joining James Southerland and Brandon Triche out the door.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)