Apr 22, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Mike Poole is the latest player to leave the Rutgers program in the aftermath of Mike Rice being fired.
According to a report from Adam Zagoria, Poole finally received his release from the university today, meaning that he’s now the fifth player to leave the program this offseason. Throw in the decommitments from Shane Rector and Chris Griffin, and Rutgers currently has five scholarship players remaining.
That’s not going to be a fun rebuilding project.
Poole will be looking at St. John’s, Iona, Liberty and Norfolk State to play his final season. He averaged 4.4 points and 3.0 boards as a junior.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)