Apr 22, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Mike Poole is the latest player to leave the Rutgers program in the aftermath of Mike Rice being fired.
According to a report from Adam Zagoria, Poole finally received his release from the university today, meaning that he’s now the fifth player to leave the program this offseason. Throw in the decommitments from Shane Rector and Chris Griffin, and Rutgers currently has five scholarship players remaining.
That’s not going to be a fun rebuilding project.
Poole will be looking at St. John’s, Iona, Liberty and Norfolk State to play his final season. He averaged 4.4 points and 3.0 boards as a junior.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 14
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)