Apr 22, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Mike Poole is the latest player to leave the Rutgers program in the aftermath of Mike Rice being fired.
According to a report from Adam Zagoria, Poole finally received his release from the university today, meaning that he’s now the fifth player to leave the program this offseason. Throw in the decommitments from Shane Rector and Chris Griffin, and Rutgers currently has five scholarship players remaining.
That’s not going to be a fun rebuilding project.
Poole will be looking at St. John’s, Iona, Liberty and Norfolk State to play his final season. He averaged 4.4 points and 3.0 boards as a junior.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 8
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)