Apr 22, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Mike Poole is the latest player to leave the Rutgers program in the aftermath of Mike Rice being fired.
According to a report from Adam Zagoria, Poole finally received his release from the university today, meaning that he’s now the fifth player to leave the program this offseason. Throw in the decommitments from Shane Rector and Chris Griffin, and Rutgers currently has five scholarship players remaining.
That’s not going to be a fun rebuilding project.
Poole will be looking at St. John’s, Iona, Liberty and Norfolk State to play his final season. He averaged 4.4 points and 3.0 boards as a junior.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)