Apr 22, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Mike Poole is the latest player to leave the Rutgers program in the aftermath of Mike Rice being fired.
According to a report from Adam Zagoria, Poole finally received his release from the university today, meaning that he’s now the fifth player to leave the program this offseason. Throw in the decommitments from Shane Rector and Chris Griffin, and Rutgers currently has five scholarship players remaining.
That’s not going to be a fun rebuilding project.
Poole will be looking at St. John’s, Iona, Liberty and Norfolk State to play his final season. He averaged 4.4 points and 3.0 boards as a junior.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)