Apr 23, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Mike Anderson made a nice pickup on Monday evening, as Anton Beard pledged to the Razorbacks. Beard announced the news himself on twitter:
I just committed to the university of Arkansas!!” 🙌👏
— Anton Beard3⃣3⃣ (@yolo_Ton33) April 22, 2013
Beard is a four-star recruit in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, and ranked No. 93 in the class. He’s a local kid as well, hailing from Little Rock, which made him that much more of an important recruit for Anderson.
Arkansas needs guards badly, especially with Mardracus Wade and Rickey Scott heading into their senior season, and Anderson couldn’t let a top 100 point guard in his backyard slip through his fingers.
At one point, Beard was also committed to Missouri.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 1
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 0
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 2
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)