Apr 23, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Mike Anderson made a nice pickup on Monday evening, as Anton Beard pledged to the Razorbacks. Beard announced the news himself on twitter:
I just committed to the university of Arkansas!!” 🙌👏
— Anton Beard3⃣3⃣ (@yolo_Ton33) April 22, 2013
Beard is a four-star recruit in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, and ranked No. 93 in the class. He’s a local kid as well, hailing from Little Rock, which made him that much more of an important recruit for Anderson.
Arkansas needs guards badly, especially with Mardracus Wade and Rickey Scott heading into their senior season, and Anderson couldn’t let a top 100 point guard in his backyard slip through his fingers.
At one point, Beard was also committed to Missouri.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)