Apr 23, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Mike Anderson made a nice pickup on Monday evening, as Anton Beard pledged to the Razorbacks. Beard announced the news himself on twitter:
I just committed to the university of Arkansas!!” 🙌👏
— Anton Beard3⃣3⃣ (@yolo_Ton33) April 22, 2013
Beard is a four-star recruit in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, and ranked No. 93 in the class. He’s a local kid as well, hailing from Little Rock, which made him that much more of an important recruit for Anderson.
Arkansas needs guards badly, especially with Mardracus Wade and Rickey Scott heading into their senior season, and Anderson couldn’t let a top 100 point guard in his backyard slip through his fingers.
At one point, Beard was also committed to Missouri.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)