Apr 23, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Mike Anderson made a nice pickup on Monday evening, as Anton Beard pledged to the Razorbacks. Beard announced the news himself on twitter:
I just committed to the university of Arkansas!!” 🙌👏
— Anton Beard3⃣3⃣ (@yolo_Ton33) April 22, 2013
Beard is a four-star recruit in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, and ranked No. 93 in the class. He’s a local kid as well, hailing from Little Rock, which made him that much more of an important recruit for Anderson.
Arkansas needs guards badly, especially with Mardracus Wade and Rickey Scott heading into their senior season, and Anderson couldn’t let a top 100 point guard in his backyard slip through his fingers.
At one point, Beard was also committed to Missouri.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)