Apr 23, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Mike Anderson made a nice pickup on Monday evening, as Anton Beard pledged to the Razorbacks. Beard announced the news himself on twitter:
I just committed to the university of Arkansas!!” 🙌👏
— Anton Beard3⃣3⃣ (@yolo_Ton33) April 22, 2013
Beard is a four-star recruit in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, and ranked No. 93 in the class. He’s a local kid as well, hailing from Little Rock, which made him that much more of an important recruit for Anderson.
Arkansas needs guards badly, especially with Mardracus Wade and Rickey Scott heading into their senior season, and Anderson couldn’t let a top 100 point guard in his backyard slip through his fingers.
At one point, Beard was also committed to Missouri.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)