Apr 23, 2013, 5:07 PM EST
Marshall Plumlee is having a more frustrating start to his Duke career than his two older brothers.
The redshirt freshman recently had surgery to repair an injury to his right foot, the team announced in a release. He’s expected to miss three-to-four months.
“Marshall was having a very good preseason before suffering the injury last year,” head coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a statement. “The injury set him back but we expect him to make a full recovery and be a key contributor for us next season.”
It’s a procedure that the Blue Devils are hoping will be an end-all to the problems the youngest Plumlee brother on campus had been having. He missed the first nine games of this season due to the injury, then battled effects from it all season.
Plumlee redshirted his freshman year due to a logjam on the roster at forward, then averaged 0.1 points and 0.6 rebounds per game in 2012-13.
Hopefully this ends the injury problems for Plumlee. After spending more than a season off the court in terms of actual game-play, this past season had to be disappointing to him. The 6-11 former McDonald’s All-American can do wonders when he’s healthy and with his older brother Mason graduating, he’ll be asked to do more, starting next year.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (19)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)