Apr 23, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
Marshall Plumlee is having a more frustrating start to his Duke career than his two older brothers.
The redshirt freshman recently had surgery to repair an injury to his right foot, the team announced in a release. He’s expected to miss three-to-four months.
“Marshall was having a very good preseason before suffering the injury last year,” head coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a statement. “The injury set him back but we expect him to make a full recovery and be a key contributor for us next season.”
It’s a procedure that the Blue Devils are hoping will be an end-all to the problems the youngest Plumlee brother on campus had been having. He missed the first nine games of this season due to the injury, then battled effects from it all season.
Plumlee redshirted his freshman year due to a logjam on the roster at forward, then averaged 0.1 points and 0.6 rebounds per game in 2012-13.
Hopefully this ends the injury problems for Plumlee. After spending more than a season off the court in terms of actual game-play, this past season had to be disappointing to him. The 6-11 former McDonald’s All-American can do wonders when he’s healthy and with his older brother Mason graduating, he’ll be asked to do more, starting next year.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)