Apr 23, 2013, 11:40 PM EST
Sean Woods has landed another transfer.
Jalen Courtney, who recently left LSU, has decided to transfer Morehead State, according to a release from the school.
Courtney, who will be a senior for the Eagles, averaged 2.1 points and 2.1 rebounds for the Tigers last season. He’ll sit out the 2013-14 season and be eligible for 2014-15.
“We’re excited about Jalen because he already has three years of high-level Division I experience,” Morehead State coach Sean Woods said in release. “He’s a mature player with an athletic body. Jalen can score in multiple ways, he’s a good rebounder and his defensive ability will certainly help us.”
The loss is a minimal one for coach Johnny Jones and the Tigers. At 6-8, 228 pounds, Courtney would’ve been a solid reserve behind Johnny O’Bryant III, but he elected to find a place where he could get more playing time. He never started for the Tigers.
It’s solid pick-up for Woods, who featured 13 junior college or four-year school transfers on his 2012-13 roster.
Courtney will add some much-needed height and talent to the Eagles roster for 2013-14. They will lose six players after next season.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)