Apr 23, 2013, 11:40 PM EDT
Sean Woods has landed another transfer.
Jalen Courtney, who recently left LSU, has decided to transfer Morehead State, according to a release from the school.
Courtney, who will be a senior for the Eagles, averaged 2.1 points and 2.1 rebounds for the Tigers last season. He’ll sit out the 2013-14 season and be eligible for 2014-15.
“We’re excited about Jalen because he already has three years of high-level Division I experience,” Morehead State coach Sean Woods said in release. “He’s a mature player with an athletic body. Jalen can score in multiple ways, he’s a good rebounder and his defensive ability will certainly help us.”
The loss is a minimal one for coach Johnny Jones and the Tigers. At 6-8, 228 pounds, Courtney would’ve been a solid reserve behind Johnny O’Bryant III, but he elected to find a place where he could get more playing time. He never started for the Tigers.
It’s solid pick-up for Woods, who featured 13 junior college or four-year school transfers on his 2012-13 roster.
Courtney will add some much-needed height and talent to the Eagles roster for 2013-14. They will lose six players after next season.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)