Apr 23, 2013, 11:40 PM EDT
Sean Woods has landed another transfer.
Jalen Courtney, who recently left LSU, has decided to transfer Morehead State, according to a release from the school.
Courtney, who will be a senior for the Eagles, averaged 2.1 points and 2.1 rebounds for the Tigers last season. He’ll sit out the 2013-14 season and be eligible for 2014-15.
“We’re excited about Jalen because he already has three years of high-level Division I experience,” Morehead State coach Sean Woods said in release. “He’s a mature player with an athletic body. Jalen can score in multiple ways, he’s a good rebounder and his defensive ability will certainly help us.”
The loss is a minimal one for coach Johnny Jones and the Tigers. At 6-8, 228 pounds, Courtney would’ve been a solid reserve behind Johnny O’Bryant III, but he elected to find a place where he could get more playing time. He never started for the Tigers.
It’s solid pick-up for Woods, who featured 13 junior college or four-year school transfers on his 2012-13 roster.
Courtney will add some much-needed height and talent to the Eagles roster for 2013-14. They will lose six players after next season.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)