Apr 23, 2013, 11:40 PM EST
Sean Woods has landed another transfer.
Jalen Courtney, who recently left LSU, has decided to transfer Morehead State, according to a release from the school.
Courtney, who will be a senior for the Eagles, averaged 2.1 points and 2.1 rebounds for the Tigers last season. He’ll sit out the 2013-14 season and be eligible for 2014-15.
“We’re excited about Jalen because he already has three years of high-level Division I experience,” Morehead State coach Sean Woods said in release. “He’s a mature player with an athletic body. Jalen can score in multiple ways, he’s a good rebounder and his defensive ability will certainly help us.”
The loss is a minimal one for coach Johnny Jones and the Tigers. At 6-8, 228 pounds, Courtney would’ve been a solid reserve behind Johnny O’Bryant III, but he elected to find a place where he could get more playing time. He never started for the Tigers.
It’s solid pick-up for Woods, who featured 13 junior college or four-year school transfers on his 2012-13 roster.
Courtney will add some much-needed height and talent to the Eagles roster for 2013-14. They will lose six players after next season.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 5
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)