Apr 23, 2013, 6:55 PM EST
Larry Brown’s first season wasn’t anything spectacular, and it appears that if next season will be any better, it’ll be with a newer-looking roster.
Jordan Dickerson is leaving the program, as well as Uche Ofoegbu and Blaise Mbargorba, according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman.
All three freshmen played a minimal part, or didn’t play at all, for the Mustangs this past season. Dickerson, a seven-footer from Brooklyn, N.Y., averaged less than a point (0.5) and rebound (0.9) while playing 3.5 minutes per game. The 6-4 San Antonio, Texas native Ofoegbu did the same at 0.6 points, but averaged a little more per game on the boards (1.5) in 7.8 minutes per.
Looks like SMU freshman big man Jordan Dickerson is transferring, source told CBSSports. Uche Ofoegbu & Blaise Mbargorba also transferring.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 23, 2013
Mbargorba, a 6-11 Hightstown, N.J. native, redshirted the season after preseason shoulder surgery.
Three freshman leaving Brown’s program in their first year isn’t a good look, but all three didn’t contribute much and can be replaced. The three transfers represented most of Brown’s first recruiting class at SMU. Now all that remains are Brian Bernardi and Garrett Wilson. With a full year to recruit, Brown has a really solid class coming in for next season, highlighted by two four-star players in Keith Frazier and Sterling Brown.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 0
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)