Apr 23, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
Larry Brown’s first season wasn’t anything spectacular, and it appears that if next season will be any better, it’ll be with a newer-looking roster.
Jordan Dickerson is leaving the program, as well as Uche Ofoegbu and Blaise Mbargorba, according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman.
All three freshmen played a minimal part, or didn’t play at all, for the Mustangs this past season. Dickerson, a seven-footer from Brooklyn, N.Y., averaged less than a point (0.5) and rebound (0.9) while playing 3.5 minutes per game. The 6-4 San Antonio, Texas native Ofoegbu did the same at 0.6 points, but averaged a little more per game on the boards (1.5) in 7.8 minutes per.
Looks like SMU freshman big man Jordan Dickerson is transferring, source told CBSSports. Uche Ofoegbu & Blaise Mbargorba also transferring.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 23, 2013
Mbargorba, a 6-11 Hightstown, N.J. native, redshirted the season after preseason shoulder surgery.
Three freshman leaving Brown’s program in their first year isn’t a good look, but all three didn’t contribute much and can be replaced. The three transfers represented most of Brown’s first recruiting class at SMU. Now all that remains are Brian Bernardi and Garrett Wilson. With a full year to recruit, Brown has a really solid class coming in for next season, highlighted by two four-star players in Keith Frazier and Sterling Brown.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)