Apr 23, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
Larry Brown’s first season wasn’t anything spectacular, and it appears that if next season will be any better, it’ll be with a newer-looking roster.
Jordan Dickerson is leaving the program, as well as Uche Ofoegbu and Blaise Mbargorba, according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman.
All three freshmen played a minimal part, or didn’t play at all, for the Mustangs this past season. Dickerson, a seven-footer from Brooklyn, N.Y., averaged less than a point (0.5) and rebound (0.9) while playing 3.5 minutes per game. The 6-4 San Antonio, Texas native Ofoegbu did the same at 0.6 points, but averaged a little more per game on the boards (1.5) in 7.8 minutes per.
Looks like SMU freshman big man Jordan Dickerson is transferring, source told CBSSports. Uche Ofoegbu & Blaise Mbargorba also transferring.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 23, 2013
Mbargorba, a 6-11 Hightstown, N.J. native, redshirted the season after preseason shoulder surgery.
Three freshman leaving Brown’s program in their first year isn’t a good look, but all three didn’t contribute much and can be replaced. The three transfers represented most of Brown’s first recruiting class at SMU. Now all that remains are Brian Bernardi and Garrett Wilson. With a full year to recruit, Brown has a really solid class coming in for next season, highlighted by two four-star players in Keith Frazier and Sterling Brown.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)