Apr 23, 2013, 6:55 PM EST
Larry Brown’s first season wasn’t anything spectacular, and it appears that if next season will be any better, it’ll be with a newer-looking roster.
Jordan Dickerson is leaving the program, as well as Uche Ofoegbu and Blaise Mbargorba, according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman.
All three freshmen played a minimal part, or didn’t play at all, for the Mustangs this past season. Dickerson, a seven-footer from Brooklyn, N.Y., averaged less than a point (0.5) and rebound (0.9) while playing 3.5 minutes per game. The 6-4 San Antonio, Texas native Ofoegbu did the same at 0.6 points, but averaged a little more per game on the boards (1.5) in 7.8 minutes per.
Looks like SMU freshman big man Jordan Dickerson is transferring, source told CBSSports. Uche Ofoegbu & Blaise Mbargorba also transferring.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 23, 2013
Mbargorba, a 6-11 Hightstown, N.J. native, redshirted the season after preseason shoulder surgery.
Three freshman leaving Brown’s program in their first year isn’t a good look, but all three didn’t contribute much and can be replaced. The three transfers represented most of Brown’s first recruiting class at SMU. Now all that remains are Brian Bernardi and Garrett Wilson. With a full year to recruit, Brown has a really solid class coming in for next season, highlighted by two four-star players in Keith Frazier and Sterling Brown.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)