Apr 23, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Luke Hancock, the Final Four’s Most Outstanding Player after leading Louisville to a national title three weeks ago, will finally be shaving off the postseason beard that he grew.
On Wednesday afternoon, Hancock will be shaving it all off, right after Russ Smith announces whether or not he will be entering the NBA Draft this season.
“Wednesday we’re are going to do a little event at 5 ‘clock, trying to raise a little money for cancer,” Hancock told Wave3. “I’m obviously going to get this shaved off finally, I think Stephan (Van Treese) is going be there, Mike’s (Marra) going to be there, all the guys are pretty much going to go.”
If you’ve forgotten, Hancock’s father has been very sick for quite some time. It makes sense that he would help raise money to fight a killer disease, although it’s not known if his father has cancer.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)