Apr 23, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Luke Hancock, the Final Four’s Most Outstanding Player after leading Louisville to a national title three weeks ago, will finally be shaving off the postseason beard that he grew.
On Wednesday afternoon, Hancock will be shaving it all off, right after Russ Smith announces whether or not he will be entering the NBA Draft this season.
“Wednesday we’re are going to do a little event at 5 ‘clock, trying to raise a little money for cancer,” Hancock told Wave3. “I’m obviously going to get this shaved off finally, I think Stephan (Van Treese) is going be there, Mike’s (Marra) going to be there, all the guys are pretty much going to go.”
If you’ve forgotten, Hancock’s father has been very sick for quite some time. It makes sense that he would help raise money to fight a killer disease, although it’s not known if his father has cancer.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)