Apr 23, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
CJ Fair is one of the ten guys that I wrote about on Friday that could alter the course of the 2013-2014 with his decision of whether or not to enter the NBA Draft.
And, quite frankly, there are a lot of people anxiously waiting to find out whether or not Fair will be donning Orange and playing the 2-3 zone next season. Kentucky is undoubtedly the largest and most passionate fan base in the country, but Syracuse isn’t all that far behind.
Already today — it’s 1:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, mind you — I’ve seen a report that says Fair is going to declare for the NBA Draft and I’ve seen a report stating that he will be returning to school. (I’m not linking them. They aren’t hard to find.)
Who do you trust in a situation like this?
Well, I’ll listen to Mike Waters of the Syracuse Post-Standard. Waters says that Fair has been back and forth on the decision, and that nothing is final at this point:
The source said that as recently as last week Fair was ready to give up his final year of eligibility and enter the NBA Draft. However, after visiting with his family in Baltimore, Md., over the weekend, Fair had reversed his thinking. He would return for his senior year.
On Monday, another source close to Fair said he had made his final decision and would have a news conference this week.
But in the past 24 hours, Fair has hesitated to make an announcement because he’s still not certain of his decision.
So settle down, Syracuse fans. Nothing is known as of yet. You’ll just have to wait and see like the rest of us.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)