Apr 24, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Duke landed its first commitment in the 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday, as 6-4 shooting guard Grayson Allen (Jacksonville, Fla.) announced his decision to attend the school via his Twitter account.
Allen, who attends Providence School, averaged 19.3 points per game and led his team to a Florida Class 3A state title this past season. Allen is currently ranked the 31st best prospect in the 2014 class on 247sports.com’s Composite Ranking list.
Playing his travel basketball for the Southern Stampede, Allen averaged 9.7 points per game in the team’s four contests in the first weekend of Nike EYBL play in Los Angeles last weekend.
Allen has range well out past the three-point line and is a good athlete as well. Allen was also offered by schools such as Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, N.C. State, Purdue and Texas.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)