Apr 24, 2013, 11:15 PM EST
Duke landed its first commitment in the 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday, as 6-4 shooting guard Grayson Allen (Jacksonville, Fla.) announced his decision to attend the school via his Twitter account.
Allen, who attends Providence School, averaged 19.3 points per game and led his team to a Florida Class 3A state title this past season. Allen is currently ranked the 31st best prospect in the 2014 class on 247sports.com’s Composite Ranking list.
Playing his travel basketball for the Southern Stampede, Allen averaged 9.7 points per game in the team’s four contests in the first weekend of Nike EYBL play in Los Angeles last weekend.
Allen has range well out past the three-point line and is a good athlete as well. Allen was also offered by schools such as Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, N.C. State, Purdue and Texas.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)