Apr 24, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Duke landed its first commitment in the 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday, as 6-4 shooting guard Grayson Allen (Jacksonville, Fla.) announced his decision to attend the school via his Twitter account.
Allen, who attends Providence School, averaged 19.3 points per game and led his team to a Florida Class 3A state title this past season. Allen is currently ranked the 31st best prospect in the 2014 class on 247sports.com’s Composite Ranking list.
Playing his travel basketball for the Southern Stampede, Allen averaged 9.7 points per game in the team’s four contests in the first weekend of Nike EYBL play in Los Angeles last weekend.
Allen has range well out past the three-point line and is a good athlete as well. Allen was also offered by schools such as Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, N.C. State, Purdue and Texas.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)