Apr 24, 2013, 11:15 PM EST
Duke landed its first commitment in the 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday, as 6-4 shooting guard Grayson Allen (Jacksonville, Fla.) announced his decision to attend the school via his Twitter account.
Allen, who attends Providence School, averaged 19.3 points per game and led his team to a Florida Class 3A state title this past season. Allen is currently ranked the 31st best prospect in the 2014 class on 247sports.com’s Composite Ranking list.
Playing his travel basketball for the Southern Stampede, Allen averaged 9.7 points per game in the team’s four contests in the first weekend of Nike EYBL play in Los Angeles last weekend.
Allen has range well out past the three-point line and is a good athlete as well. Allen was also offered by schools such as Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, N.C. State, Purdue and Texas.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)