Apr 24, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Duke landed its first commitment in the 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday, as 6-4 shooting guard Grayson Allen (Jacksonville, Fla.) announced his decision to attend the school via his Twitter account.
Allen, who attends Providence School, averaged 19.3 points per game and led his team to a Florida Class 3A state title this past season. Allen is currently ranked the 31st best prospect in the 2014 class on 247sports.com’s Composite Ranking list.
Playing his travel basketball for the Southern Stampede, Allen averaged 9.7 points per game in the team’s four contests in the first weekend of Nike EYBL play in Los Angeles last weekend.
Allen has range well out past the three-point line and is a good athlete as well. Allen was also offered by schools such as Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, N.C. State, Purdue and Texas.
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 0
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 0
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 0
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)