Apr 24, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
After going two months without a head coach, Fairleigh Dickinson has finally made a hire.
According to reports, FDU will be hiring UMass-Lowell head coach Greg Herenda. Herenda has spent five seasons as UMass-Lowell, getting them to the Division II NCAA tournament his first four seasons on campus.
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
He’ll be replacing Greg Vetrone, who had a disastrous three years at FDU. The Knights went 26-95 in his tenure, including a 7-24 season in 2012-2013.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)