Apr 24, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Frank Martin made a key pickup on Wednesday morning, as Demetrius Henry announced that he would be enrolling at South Carolina this fall.
Henry, a 6-foot-8 power forward from Brandon, FL, that ranks as the No. 100 recruit in Rivals’ Class of 2013, picked the Gamecocks over Miami.
Martin loses LaShay Page and Lakeem Jackson from a team that won just four SEC games last season, but Henry completes what looks to be a pretty solid recruiting class. It’s headlined by top 50 recruit Sindarius Thornwell and highlighted by a couple of other three-star newcomers — center Desmond Ringer and shooting guard Duane Notice.
With some talent returning, including point guard and USC wide receiver Bruce Ellington as well as a couple of promising youngsters in the front court — namely the undersized Michael Carrera — it looks like Martin has South Carolina heading in the right direction. They’re probably not a tournament team this season, but they should finish closer to .500 in league play this season.
(Image via Kelly Kline/Nike)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)