Apr 24, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Frank Martin made a key pickup on Wednesday morning, as Demetrius Henry announced that he would be enrolling at South Carolina this fall.
Henry, a 6-foot-8 power forward from Brandon, FL, that ranks as the No. 100 recruit in Rivals’ Class of 2013, picked the Gamecocks over Miami.
Martin loses LaShay Page and Lakeem Jackson from a team that won just four SEC games last season, but Henry completes what looks to be a pretty solid recruiting class. It’s headlined by top 50 recruit Sindarius Thornwell and highlighted by a couple of other three-star newcomers — center Desmond Ringer and shooting guard Duane Notice.
With some talent returning, including point guard and USC wide receiver Bruce Ellington as well as a couple of promising youngsters in the front court — namely the undersized Michael Carrera — it looks like Martin has South Carolina heading in the right direction. They’re probably not a tournament team this season, but they should finish closer to .500 in league play this season.
(Image via Kelly Kline/Nike)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)