Apr 24, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Frank Martin made a key pickup on Wednesday morning, as Demetrius Henry announced that he would be enrolling at South Carolina this fall.
Henry, a 6-foot-8 power forward from Brandon, FL, that ranks as the No. 100 recruit in Rivals’ Class of 2013, picked the Gamecocks over Miami.
Martin loses LaShay Page and Lakeem Jackson from a team that won just four SEC games last season, but Henry completes what looks to be a pretty solid recruiting class. It’s headlined by top 50 recruit Sindarius Thornwell and highlighted by a couple of other three-star newcomers — center Desmond Ringer and shooting guard Duane Notice.
With some talent returning, including point guard and USC wide receiver Bruce Ellington as well as a couple of promising youngsters in the front court — namely the undersized Michael Carrera — it looks like Martin has South Carolina heading in the right direction. They’re probably not a tournament team this season, but they should finish closer to .500 in league play this season.
(Image via Kelly Kline/Nike)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)