Apr 24, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Frank Martin made a key pickup on Wednesday morning, as Demetrius Henry announced that he would be enrolling at South Carolina this fall.
Henry, a 6-foot-8 power forward from Brandon, FL, that ranks as the No. 100 recruit in Rivals’ Class of 2013, picked the Gamecocks over Miami.
Martin loses LaShay Page and Lakeem Jackson from a team that won just four SEC games last season, but Henry completes what looks to be a pretty solid recruiting class. It’s headlined by top 50 recruit Sindarius Thornwell and highlighted by a couple of other three-star newcomers — center Desmond Ringer and shooting guard Duane Notice.
With some talent returning, including point guard and USC wide receiver Bruce Ellington as well as a couple of promising youngsters in the front court — namely the undersized Michael Carrera — it looks like Martin has South Carolina heading in the right direction. They’re probably not a tournament team this season, but they should finish closer to .500 in league play this season.
(Image via Kelly Kline/Nike)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)