Apr 24, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Frank Martin made a key pickup on Wednesday morning, as Demetrius Henry announced that he would be enrolling at South Carolina this fall.
Henry, a 6-foot-8 power forward from Brandon, FL, that ranks as the No. 100 recruit in Rivals’ Class of 2013, picked the Gamecocks over Miami.
Martin loses LaShay Page and Lakeem Jackson from a team that won just four SEC games last season, but Henry completes what looks to be a pretty solid recruiting class. It’s headlined by top 50 recruit Sindarius Thornwell and highlighted by a couple of other three-star newcomers — center Desmond Ringer and shooting guard Duane Notice.
With some talent returning, including point guard and USC wide receiver Bruce Ellington as well as a couple of promising youngsters in the front court — namely the undersized Michael Carrera — it looks like Martin has South Carolina heading in the right direction. They’re probably not a tournament team this season, but they should finish closer to .500 in league play this season.
(Image via Kelly Kline/Nike)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 5
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)