Apr 24, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
On Tuesday, news started to leak out that the ACC had announced who and where each of the league’s 15 teams will be playing their 18 games next season. Each team will be playing four home-and-home series while playing the other 10 teams in the league once each, five at home and five on the road.
And in perhaps the least surprising decision, Maryland will not be hosting Duke. Or North Carolina. Or NC State. It makes sense. The Terps almost tore apart the ACC by ditching the conference for the Big Ten to stabilize their athletic department’s financial situation by chasing the almighty dollar. It forced the league to sign a grant of media rights deal. And you thought the ACC was just going to let that slide without doing what they could to fire back? L. O. L.
Here are some other interesting notes:
- Duke will obviously be playing their home-and-home with North Carolina, but the other home-and-home series that will draw quite a bit of intrigue for the Blue Devils will be against Syracuse. If CJ Fair returns, both will be top ten teams. Can you imagine what the Carrier Dome will be like for Duke’s first trip up there? How much Orange will the Cuse be able to get into Cameron Indoor?
- Syracuse will also host North Carolina, another team that looks like they are going to spend much of the season in or around the top ten. That’ll be fun as well.
- I’m glad that the ACC has Syracuse as an annual partner with Pitt, meaning that they’ll play twice every season. That was always an underrated rivalry in the Big East.
- Virginia only plays Duke, UNC and Syracuse once each. The Cavs should be pretty good next season. That’s a favorable schedule, especially considering that they host both the Tar Heels and the Orange.
- Florida State draws home-and-homes with Clemson, Virginia, Maryland and Miami. They avoid Duke, UNC and Syracuse twice as well, but this is only significant is they end up landing Andrew Wiggins.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)