Apr 24, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
On Tuesday, news started to leak out that the ACC had announced who and where each of the league’s 15 teams will be playing their 18 games next season. Each team will be playing four home-and-home series while playing the other 10 teams in the league once each, five at home and five on the road.
And in perhaps the least surprising decision, Maryland will not be hosting Duke. Or North Carolina. Or NC State. It makes sense. The Terps almost tore apart the ACC by ditching the conference for the Big Ten to stabilize their athletic department’s financial situation by chasing the almighty dollar. It forced the league to sign a grant of media rights deal. And you thought the ACC was just going to let that slide without doing what they could to fire back? L. O. L.
Here are some other interesting notes:
– Duke will obviously be playing their home-and-home with North Carolina, but the other home-and-home series that will draw quite a bit of intrigue for the Blue Devils will be against Syracuse. If CJ Fair returns, both will be top ten teams. Can you imagine what the Carrier Dome will be like for Duke’s first trip up there? How much Orange will the Cuse be able to get into Cameron Indoor?
– Syracuse will also host North Carolina, another team that looks like they are going to spend much of the season in or around the top ten. That’ll be fun as well.
– I’m glad that the ACC has Syracuse as an annual partner with Pitt, meaning that they’ll play twice every season. That was always an underrated rivalry in the Big East.
– Virginia only plays Duke, UNC and Syracuse once each. The Cavs should be pretty good next season. That’s a favorable schedule, especially considering that they host both the Tar Heels and the Orange.
– Florida State draws home-and-homes with Clemson, Virginia, Maryland and Miami. They avoid Duke, UNC and Syracuse twice as well, but this is only significant is they end up landing Andrew Wiggins.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
May 27, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that Sherman is no fan of the NCAA.
May 27, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
The shot clock won’t have as much of an impact on offenses as lessening the physicality of the game.
May 27, 2015, 7:31 PM EDT
The 6-foot-11 center was originally expected to attend prep school before joining Memphis in 2016.
May 27, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
The 6-foot-6 southpaw showed off his arm, and was accurate in doing so.
May 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Matthews is the recruit everyone forgets about.
May 27, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
That numbers is half what it was in 2015.
May 27, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Self and his wife created the Assists Foundation.
May 27, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
Reed broke a cop’s finger while resisting a shoplifting arrest.
May 27, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Miles is 47-49 in three years with Nebraska.
May 27, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
This swing is ugly.
May 26, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
DeAndre Ayton finally got a chance to play this spring and delivered in a big way.
May 26, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Point guard CJ Walker is focused on seven schools during the recruiting process.
May 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Four-star guard Maverick Rowan has a choice to make for his basketball future in the immediate future.
May 26, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Minnesota closed out its 2015 recruiting efforts with its second incoming transfer of the offseason.
May 26, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
The spring grassroots season is over and another spring EYBL season is complete.
May 26, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
The schedule isn’t out yet, but each team now knows who they will play and where they will play them.
May 26, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
RaShid Gaston averaged 15.5 points and 9.6 boards.
May 26, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Shaqquan Aaron could never crack Rick Pitino’s rotation.
May 26, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
The only people that would punish are the people that had nothing to do with the violations in the first place.
May 26, 2015, 10:54 AM EDT
Collins has Northwestern trending in the right direction.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)