Apr 24, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
Charges against 7-foot-1 UConn center Enosch Wolf stemming from an incident in February have been dropped.
According to the police report, he entered the apartment of a girl that he was dating and “refused to leave the apartment when he was asked to and grabbed the hair of the victim and pushed her head. Wolf also knocked the glasses off of the victims face with his hand.”
Wolf entered a court-supervised domestic violence diversionary program and will remain in the program despite already having the charges dropped. Wolf also said that he is going to address any issues that he has with alcohol.
It’s unclear, however, whether or not this will be enough to get Wolf back onto the UConn team. From the Hartford Courant:
He was indefinitely suspended from the team following his arrest, but is still enrolled and studying at UConn. He now faces the university review process. After that, it will be decided by AD Warde Manuel and coach Kevin Ollie if he can return to the team for his senior season in 2013-14. Last week, Ollie said Wolf, 22, was “showing maturity” in going through the process, but the decision would not ultimately be his alone.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)