Apr 25, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
West Virginia transfer Jabarie Hinds has found a landing spot, according to a report from ZagsBlog.com.
The 5-foot-11 point guard and former top 100 recruit is headed to UMass, where he will have to sit out the 2013-2014 season before finishing up his final two seasons of eligibility.
“I gained a good relationship with coach[Derek] Kellogg and I felt that’s the best place for me,” Hinds told SNY.tv. “I’ve learned a lot of stuff. When I get back on the court I will be straight business trying to make an impact for my team and trying to win some games wherever I’m at.”
Hinds averaged 7.4 points and 1.6 assists for the Mountaineers this year, but it wasn’t enough to help WVU avoid a losing season. With Chaz Williams graduating after next season, Kellogg has found himself a suitable replacement.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)