Apr 25, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
West Virginia transfer Jabarie Hinds has found a landing spot, according to a report from ZagsBlog.com.
The 5-foot-11 point guard and former top 100 recruit is headed to UMass, where he will have to sit out the 2013-2014 season before finishing up his final two seasons of eligibility.
“I gained a good relationship with coach[Derek] Kellogg and I felt that’s the best place for me,” Hinds told SNY.tv. “I’ve learned a lot of stuff. When I get back on the court I will be straight business trying to make an impact for my team and trying to win some games wherever I’m at.”
Hinds averaged 7.4 points and 1.6 assists for the Mountaineers this year, but it wasn’t enough to help WVU avoid a losing season. With Chaz Williams graduating after next season, Kellogg has found himself a suitable replacement.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)