Apr 25, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
West Virginia transfer Jabarie Hinds has found a landing spot, according to a report from ZagsBlog.com.
The 5-foot-11 point guard and former top 100 recruit is headed to UMass, where he will have to sit out the 2013-2014 season before finishing up his final two seasons of eligibility.
“I gained a good relationship with coach[Derek] Kellogg and I felt that’s the best place for me,” Hinds told SNY.tv. “I’ve learned a lot of stuff. When I get back on the court I will be straight business trying to make an impact for my team and trying to win some games wherever I’m at.”
Hinds averaged 7.4 points and 1.6 assists for the Mountaineers this year, but it wasn’t enough to help WVU avoid a losing season. With Chaz Williams graduating after next season, Kellogg has found himself a suitable replacement.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)