Apr 25, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
West Virginia transfer Jabarie Hinds has found a landing spot, according to a report from ZagsBlog.com.
The 5-foot-11 point guard and former top 100 recruit is headed to UMass, where he will have to sit out the 2013-2014 season before finishing up his final two seasons of eligibility.
“I gained a good relationship with coach[Derek] Kellogg and I felt that’s the best place for me,” Hinds told SNY.tv. “I’ve learned a lot of stuff. When I get back on the court I will be straight business trying to make an impact for my team and trying to win some games wherever I’m at.”
Hinds averaged 7.4 points and 1.6 assists for the Mountaineers this year, but it wasn’t enough to help WVU avoid a losing season. With Chaz Williams graduating after next season, Kellogg has found himself a suitable replacement.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)