Apr 25, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
West Virginia transfer Jabarie Hinds has found a landing spot, according to a report from ZagsBlog.com.
The 5-foot-11 point guard and former top 100 recruit is headed to UMass, where he will have to sit out the 2013-2014 season before finishing up his final two seasons of eligibility.
“I gained a good relationship with coach[Derek] Kellogg and I felt that’s the best place for me,” Hinds told SNY.tv. “I’ve learned a lot of stuff. When I get back on the court I will be straight business trying to make an impact for my team and trying to win some games wherever I’m at.”
Hinds averaged 7.4 points and 1.6 assists for the Mountaineers this year, but it wasn’t enough to help WVU avoid a losing season. With Chaz Williams graduating after next season, Kellogg has found himself a suitable replacement.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)