Apr 25, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Former UConn star Ricky Moore has been promoted, according to a report from Kevin Duffy.
After spending one year as the director of basketball operations, Moore has been promoted to assistant coach, which means that he will be allowed to participate in practices, games, and recruiting.
“I have a lot of faith in Ricky as a recruiter and a coach,” Ollie said. “He’s had experience on the road and I know the kind of strength and enthusiasm he has for the game and our program. I’ve already seen it in the role he had with us last year. Going into this new era of UConn basketball, I’m looking forward to having him on the road recruiting and using his coaching style to help us on and off the court.”
Moore’s promotion means that former assistant George Blaney is now a special advisor to head coach Kevin Ollie. Glen Miller and Karl Hobbs are the other two coaches on Ollie’s staff.
Moore spent more than a decade playing pro-ball in different leagues around the world before latching on as an assistant at Dartmouth before joining the UConn program in 2012. He spent one season as the director of basketball operations.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)