Apr 25, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Former UConn star Ricky Moore has been promoted, according to a report from Kevin Duffy.
After spending one year as the director of basketball operations, Moore has been promoted to assistant coach, which means that he will be allowed to participate in practices, games, and recruiting.
“I have a lot of faith in Ricky as a recruiter and a coach,” Ollie said. “He’s had experience on the road and I know the kind of strength and enthusiasm he has for the game and our program. I’ve already seen it in the role he had with us last year. Going into this new era of UConn basketball, I’m looking forward to having him on the road recruiting and using his coaching style to help us on and off the court.”
Moore’s promotion means that former assistant George Blaney is now a special advisor to head coach Kevin Ollie. Glen Miller and Karl Hobbs are the other two coaches on Ollie’s staff.
Moore spent more than a decade playing pro-ball in different leagues around the world before latching on as an assistant at Dartmouth before joining the UConn program in 2012. He spent one season as the director of basketball operations.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)