Apr 25, 2013, 1:59 PM EST
Former UConn star Ricky Moore has been promoted, according to a report from Kevin Duffy.
After spending one year as the director of basketball operations, Moore has been promoted to assistant coach, which means that he will be allowed to participate in practices, games, and recruiting.
“I have a lot of faith in Ricky as a recruiter and a coach,” Ollie said. “He’s had experience on the road and I know the kind of strength and enthusiasm he has for the game and our program. I’ve already seen it in the role he had with us last year. Going into this new era of UConn basketball, I’m looking forward to having him on the road recruiting and using his coaching style to help us on and off the court.”
Moore’s promotion means that former assistant George Blaney is now a special advisor to head coach Kevin Ollie. Glen Miller and Karl Hobbs are the other two coaches on Ollie’s staff.
Moore spent more than a decade playing pro-ball in different leagues around the world before latching on as an assistant at Dartmouth before joining the UConn program in 2012. He spent one season as the director of basketball operations.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)