Apr 25, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Former UConn star Ricky Moore has been promoted, according to a report from Kevin Duffy.
After spending one year as the director of basketball operations, Moore has been promoted to assistant coach, which means that he will be allowed to participate in practices, games, and recruiting.
“I have a lot of faith in Ricky as a recruiter and a coach,” Ollie said. “He’s had experience on the road and I know the kind of strength and enthusiasm he has for the game and our program. I’ve already seen it in the role he had with us last year. Going into this new era of UConn basketball, I’m looking forward to having him on the road recruiting and using his coaching style to help us on and off the court.”
Moore’s promotion means that former assistant George Blaney is now a special advisor to head coach Kevin Ollie. Glen Miller and Karl Hobbs are the other two coaches on Ollie’s staff.
Moore spent more than a decade playing pro-ball in different leagues around the world before latching on as an assistant at Dartmouth before joining the UConn program in 2012. He spent one season as the director of basketball operations.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)