Apr 25, 2013, 1:59 PM EST
Former UConn star Ricky Moore has been promoted, according to a report from Kevin Duffy.
After spending one year as the director of basketball operations, Moore has been promoted to assistant coach, which means that he will be allowed to participate in practices, games, and recruiting.
“I have a lot of faith in Ricky as a recruiter and a coach,” Ollie said. “He’s had experience on the road and I know the kind of strength and enthusiasm he has for the game and our program. I’ve already seen it in the role he had with us last year. Going into this new era of UConn basketball, I’m looking forward to having him on the road recruiting and using his coaching style to help us on and off the court.”
Moore’s promotion means that former assistant George Blaney is now a special advisor to head coach Kevin Ollie. Glen Miller and Karl Hobbs are the other two coaches on Ollie’s staff.
Moore spent more than a decade playing pro-ball in different leagues around the world before latching on as an assistant at Dartmouth before joining the UConn program in 2012. He spent one season as the director of basketball operations.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)