Apr 26, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
In the aftermath of Louisville’s national title victory over Michigan, head coach Rick Pitino made public his promise to the team that he would get a tattoo if they won the school’s third championship.
With the mission accomplished the Hall of Fame head coach proved to be a man of his word, with Louisville senior associate AD of media relations Kenny Klein providing visual proof via Twitter.
Simple and to the point. An appropriate tattoo for the coach, but personally artwork featuring the dunking Cardinal would have been a nice look as well.
On a slightly more serious note Pitino is expected to announce the hiring of a new assistant coach today as well, taking over the position that’s been open since Kareem Richardson was hired as the new head coach at UMKC.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)