Apr 26, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
In the aftermath of Louisville’s national title victory over Michigan, head coach Rick Pitino made public his promise to the team that he would get a tattoo if they won the school’s third championship.
With the mission accomplished the Hall of Fame head coach proved to be a man of his word, with Louisville senior associate AD of media relations Kenny Klein providing visual proof via Twitter.
Simple and to the point. An appropriate tattoo for the coach, but personally artwork featuring the dunking Cardinal would have been a nice look as well.
On a slightly more serious note Pitino is expected to announce the hiring of a new assistant coach today as well, taking over the position that’s been open since Kareem Richardson was hired as the new head coach at UMKC.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)