Apr 26, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
In the aftermath of Louisville’s national title victory over Michigan, head coach Rick Pitino made public his promise to the team that he would get a tattoo if they won the school’s third championship.
With the mission accomplished the Hall of Fame head coach proved to be a man of his word, with Louisville senior associate AD of media relations Kenny Klein providing visual proof via Twitter.
Simple and to the point. An appropriate tattoo for the coach, but personally artwork featuring the dunking Cardinal would have been a nice look as well.
On a slightly more serious note Pitino is expected to announce the hiring of a new assistant coach today as well, taking over the position that’s been open since Kareem Richardson was hired as the new head coach at UMKC.
Aug 31, 2015, 4:44 PM EDT
Indiana dismissed the forward after his second alcohol-related incident.
Aug 31, 2015, 4:35 PM EDT
Cheick Diallo is still waiting to hear from the NCAA Eligibility Center.
Aug 31, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
Frank Jackson will make his college decision on Tuesday.
Aug 31, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Rawle Alkins is one of the best players to come out of New York in years.
Aug 31, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan seems to be taking things slowly when it comes to deciding his future.
Aug 31, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Texas native Marques Bolden is focusing on seven schools.
Aug 31, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Rick Pitino gives some candid thoughts on Louisville and Puerto Rico.
Aug 30, 2015, 9:52 PM EDT
With Monte’ Morris being a junior and Nick Noskowiak leaving the program, Iowa State needed a point guard in the 2016 class.
Aug 30, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
These games against seasoned competition will help Michigan State in the tough Big Ten this season.
Aug 30, 2015, 7:27 PM EDT
Gbinije averaged 7.3 points and 2.1 rebounds per game at Afrobasket.
Aug 30, 2015, 6:01 PM EDT
Hill led the team in minutes played last season, and it’s been tough to keep him out of the gym this summer despite attempts to get him to spend some time resting.
Aug 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Notre Dame has a bouncy freshman guard in Rex Pflueger.
Aug 30, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Reid Travis is looking like a potential go-to scorer for the Cardinal this season after some strong outings in Europe.
Aug 30, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Colorado State is having a rough go of getting great programs to play in their building.
Aug 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Scottie Lindsey put one on a defender during Northwestern’s trip to Spain.
Aug 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
According to the New York Post, Morton will go back to teaching full-time.
Aug 29, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
Michigan State scheduled games against three national teams preparing for next month’s Eurobasket championships (Russia, Italy and Georgia).
Aug 29, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
According to head coach Ray Harper, Kristaps Gluditis was regarded as one of the top shooters in Europe.
Aug 29, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Tillie is a skilled forward who will have the chance to contribute immediately in 2016-17 due to the eventual losses of Kyle Wiltjer and Przemek Karnowski (both are seniors this season).
Aug 29, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Theo Pinson makes a bold statement and backs it up by burying a tough shot.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)