Apr 26, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
After seeing his playing time drop as a sophomore, wing Aaron Brown made the decision to leave West Virginia.
On Friday it was reported by HawkHillHardwood.com that Brown has found a new home, as the Darby, Penn. native will return to the Philadelphia area to play at Saint Joseph’s.
Brown will have two years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2013-14 campaign.
As a freshman Brown averaged more than 15 minutes per game, accounting for 4.2 points and 1.8 rebounds per contest. But he saw a sharp decline in minutes this past season, averaging just 6.2 minutes per game and playing in only 17 of the Mountaineers’ 32 games.
Brown finished his high school career at Penn Wood HS in Landsdowne, Penn., averaging 20.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.5 steals per game as a senior. Saint Joseph’s recruited Brown hard during that period but Brown ultimately chose West Virginia.
The addition of Brown will help the Hawks account for the hole that will be left when Langston Galloway graduates after next season. Galloway, who averaged 13.8 points per game last season, is the leading returning scorer for the Hawks with Carl Jones out of eligibility.
Next season Brown will help the Hawks in practices, with an eye towards being a key contributor in 2014.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)