Apr 26, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
After seeing his playing time drop as a sophomore, wing Aaron Brown made the decision to leave West Virginia.
On Friday it was reported by HawkHillHardwood.com that Brown has found a new home, as the Darby, Penn. native will return to the Philadelphia area to play at Saint Joseph’s.
Brown will have two years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2013-14 campaign.
As a freshman Brown averaged more than 15 minutes per game, accounting for 4.2 points and 1.8 rebounds per contest. But he saw a sharp decline in minutes this past season, averaging just 6.2 minutes per game and playing in only 17 of the Mountaineers’ 32 games.
Brown finished his high school career at Penn Wood HS in Landsdowne, Penn., averaging 20.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.5 steals per game as a senior. Saint Joseph’s recruited Brown hard during that period but Brown ultimately chose West Virginia.
The addition of Brown will help the Hawks account for the hole that will be left when Langston Galloway graduates after next season. Galloway, who averaged 13.8 points per game last season, is the leading returning scorer for the Hawks with Carl Jones out of eligibility.
Next season Brown will help the Hawks in practices, with an eye towards being a key contributor in 2014.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)