Apr 26, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
After seeing his playing time drop as a sophomore, wing Aaron Brown made the decision to leave West Virginia.
On Friday it was reported by HawkHillHardwood.com that Brown has found a new home, as the Darby, Penn. native will return to the Philadelphia area to play at Saint Joseph’s.
Brown will have two years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2013-14 campaign.
As a freshman Brown averaged more than 15 minutes per game, accounting for 4.2 points and 1.8 rebounds per contest. But he saw a sharp decline in minutes this past season, averaging just 6.2 minutes per game and playing in only 17 of the Mountaineers’ 32 games.
Brown finished his high school career at Penn Wood HS in Landsdowne, Penn., averaging 20.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.5 steals per game as a senior. Saint Joseph’s recruited Brown hard during that period but Brown ultimately chose West Virginia.
The addition of Brown will help the Hawks account for the hole that will be left when Langston Galloway graduates after next season. Galloway, who averaged 13.8 points per game last season, is the leading returning scorer for the Hawks with Carl Jones out of eligibility.
Next season Brown will help the Hawks in practices, with an eye towards being a key contributor in 2014.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)