Apr 26, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
After seeing his playing time drop as a sophomore, wing Aaron Brown made the decision to leave West Virginia.
On Friday it was reported by HawkHillHardwood.com that Brown has found a new home, as the Darby, Penn. native will return to the Philadelphia area to play at Saint Joseph’s.
Brown will have two years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2013-14 campaign.
As a freshman Brown averaged more than 15 minutes per game, accounting for 4.2 points and 1.8 rebounds per contest. But he saw a sharp decline in minutes this past season, averaging just 6.2 minutes per game and playing in only 17 of the Mountaineers’ 32 games.
Brown finished his high school career at Penn Wood HS in Landsdowne, Penn., averaging 20.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.5 steals per game as a senior. Saint Joseph’s recruited Brown hard during that period but Brown ultimately chose West Virginia.
The addition of Brown will help the Hawks account for the hole that will be left when Langston Galloway graduates after next season. Galloway, who averaged 13.8 points per game last season, is the leading returning scorer for the Hawks with Carl Jones out of eligibility.
Next season Brown will help the Hawks in practices, with an eye towards being a key contributor in 2014.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)