Apr 27, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
CBS Detroit is reporting that Eastern Michigan forward Glenn Bryant has been charged with assault and will be suspended from the team indefinitely.
The 22-year-old Bryant, who transferred to the Eagles from Arkansas, is accused of choking his 19-year-old girlfriend during an argument at an off-campus apartment. He was arrested on Monday, and is scheduled to appear before the court for preliminary examination on May 7.
The school is taking the matter very seriously, according to the published report.
Interim Athletic Director Melody Reifel Werner said in a statement that Bryant’s suspension under the school’s student-athlete discipline policy will continue “until the charges are dropped, dismissed or otherwise resolved.”
Bryant was an afterthought in his first two seasons at Arkansas, and he left the school after a sophomore season that saw him average 12.9 minutes and 4.1 points per game. After sitting out his transfer season, he found much more playing time in Ypsilanti, averaging 10.6 points per game and just over 27 minutes of floor time.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)