Apr 27, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
Another former Rutgers’ player is getting closer and closer to finding a new home.
Sophomore guard and leading scorer Eli Carter, who received his release from Rutgers last week, is down to only two schools: Florida and Maryland. Carter tweeted that on Friday afternoon.
Down to Maryland & Florida!! #Decisions
— Eli Carter (@Eli_Carter5) April 26, 2013
Florida is losing Kenny Boynton and Mike Rosario to graduation, though return Scottie Wilbekin. Michael Frazier II returns for his sophomore season while top-recruit Kasey Hill joins the Gators for the 2013-2014 season.
The 6-foot guard is reportedly going to be on the Florida campus on Sunday, according to the Gainesville Sun.
It hasn’t been reported when or if Carter has/will visit College Park, Md. The Terrapins return a solid backcourt of Dez Wells, Seth Allen and Nick Faust. Junior point guard Pe’Shon Howard decided to transfer to be closer to his family in California.
If Carter chooses Maryland he will eventually take on his former team when Rutgers joins the Big Ten in 2014. Carter will likely attempt to get a waiver from the NCAA, given the reasoning behind his transfer.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)