Apr 27, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
Another former Rutgers’ player is getting closer and closer to finding a new home.
Sophomore guard and leading scorer Eli Carter, who received his release from Rutgers last week, is down to only two schools: Florida and Maryland. Carter tweeted that on Friday afternoon.
Down to Maryland & Florida!! #Decisions
— Eli Carter (@Eli_Carter5) April 26, 2013
Florida is losing Kenny Boynton and Mike Rosario to graduation, though return Scottie Wilbekin. Michael Frazier II returns for his sophomore season while top-recruit Kasey Hill joins the Gators for the 2013-2014 season.
The 6-foot guard is reportedly going to be on the Florida campus on Sunday, according to the Gainesville Sun.
It hasn’t been reported when or if Carter has/will visit College Park, Md. The Terrapins return a solid backcourt of Dez Wells, Seth Allen and Nick Faust. Junior point guard Pe’Shon Howard decided to transfer to be closer to his family in California.
If Carter chooses Maryland he will eventually take on his former team when Rutgers joins the Big Ten in 2014. Carter will likely attempt to get a waiver from the NCAA, given the reasoning behind his transfer.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 52 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)