Apr 27, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
Another former Rutgers’ player is getting closer and closer to finding a new home.
Sophomore guard and leading scorer Eli Carter, who received his release from Rutgers last week, is down to only two schools: Florida and Maryland. Carter tweeted that on Friday afternoon.
Down to Maryland & Florida!! #Decisions
— Eli Carter (@Eli_Carter5) April 26, 2013
Florida is losing Kenny Boynton and Mike Rosario to graduation, though return Scottie Wilbekin. Michael Frazier II returns for his sophomore season while top-recruit Kasey Hill joins the Gators for the 2013-2014 season.
The 6-foot guard is reportedly going to be on the Florida campus on Sunday, according to the Gainesville Sun.
It hasn’t been reported when or if Carter has/will visit College Park, Md. The Terrapins return a solid backcourt of Dez Wells, Seth Allen and Nick Faust. Junior point guard Pe’Shon Howard decided to transfer to be closer to his family in California.
If Carter chooses Maryland he will eventually take on his former team when Rutgers joins the Big Ten in 2014. Carter will likely attempt to get a waiver from the NCAA, given the reasoning behind his transfer.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)