Apr 27, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
Another former Rutgers’ player is getting closer and closer to finding a new home.
Sophomore guard and leading scorer Eli Carter, who received his release from Rutgers last week, is down to only two schools: Florida and Maryland. Carter tweeted that on Friday afternoon.
Down to Maryland & Florida!! #Decisions
— Eli Carter (@Eli_Carter5) April 26, 2013
Florida is losing Kenny Boynton and Mike Rosario to graduation, though return Scottie Wilbekin. Michael Frazier II returns for his sophomore season while top-recruit Kasey Hill joins the Gators for the 2013-2014 season.
The 6-foot guard is reportedly going to be on the Florida campus on Sunday, according to the Gainesville Sun.
It hasn’t been reported when or if Carter has/will visit College Park, Md. The Terrapins return a solid backcourt of Dez Wells, Seth Allen and Nick Faust. Junior point guard Pe’Shon Howard decided to transfer to be closer to his family in California.
If Carter chooses Maryland he will eventually take on his former team when Rutgers joins the Big Ten in 2014. Carter will likely attempt to get a waiver from the NCAA, given the reasoning behind his transfer.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)