Apr 27, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
Another former Rutgers’ player is getting closer and closer to finding a new home.
Sophomore guard and leading scorer Eli Carter, who received his release from Rutgers last week, is down to only two schools: Florida and Maryland. Carter tweeted that on Friday afternoon.
Down to Maryland & Florida!! #Decisions
— Eli Carter (@Eli_Carter5) April 26, 2013
Florida is losing Kenny Boynton and Mike Rosario to graduation, though return Scottie Wilbekin. Michael Frazier II returns for his sophomore season while top-recruit Kasey Hill joins the Gators for the 2013-2014 season.
The 6-foot guard is reportedly going to be on the Florida campus on Sunday, according to the Gainesville Sun.
It hasn’t been reported when or if Carter has/will visit College Park, Md. The Terrapins return a solid backcourt of Dez Wells, Seth Allen and Nick Faust. Junior point guard Pe’Shon Howard decided to transfer to be closer to his family in California.
If Carter chooses Maryland he will eventually take on his former team when Rutgers joins the Big Ten in 2014. Carter will likely attempt to get a waiver from the NCAA, given the reasoning behind his transfer.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)