Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 PM EST
Before Yogi Ferrell took his talents to Bloomington, Ind. as the Hoosiers freshman point guard, he was simply Kevin, a middle schooler trying to make it in the rap game.
On Sunday, a 6th grade rap from Ferrell was uploaded to YouTube. The About tab reads the following:
So I just found my computer from 6th grade and this video (from seven years ago) was on my hard drive. I have no idea how or why this was on here but I thought I’d share. If I remember correctly, back in 6th grade at Park Tudor we had a business fair where every student had to sell a product … this was his product. In case someone cares, this was posted with Yogi’s permission.
Did you catch that at the :26 mark?
“I wanna play for Duke …”
Ferrell is lucky his skills on the basketball court have paid off, he’s no dual-threat like teammate Victor Oladipo, who once sang Usher’s “U Got It Bad” at an Indiana University talent show as a freshman.
[h/t The Big Lead]
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 1
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)