Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
Before Yogi Ferrell took his talents to Bloomington, Ind. as the Hoosiers freshman point guard, he was simply Kevin, a middle schooler trying to make it in the rap game.
On Sunday, a 6th grade rap from Ferrell was uploaded to YouTube. The About tab reads the following:
So I just found my computer from 6th grade and this video (from seven years ago) was on my hard drive. I have no idea how or why this was on here but I thought I’d share. If I remember correctly, back in 6th grade at Park Tudor we had a business fair where every student had to sell a product … this was his product. In case someone cares, this was posted with Yogi’s permission.
Did you catch that at the :26 mark?
“I wanna play for Duke …”
Ferrell is lucky his skills on the basketball court have paid off, he’s no dual-threat like teammate Victor Oladipo, who once sang Usher’s “U Got It Bad” at an Indiana University talent show as a freshman.
[h/t The Big Lead]
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)