Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
Before Yogi Ferrell took his talents to Bloomington, Ind. as the Hoosiers freshman point guard, he was simply Kevin, a middle schooler trying to make it in the rap game.
On Sunday, a 6th grade rap from Ferrell was uploaded to YouTube. The About tab reads the following:
So I just found my computer from 6th grade and this video (from seven years ago) was on my hard drive. I have no idea how or why this was on here but I thought I’d share. If I remember correctly, back in 6th grade at Park Tudor we had a business fair where every student had to sell a product … this was his product. In case someone cares, this was posted with Yogi’s permission.
Did you catch that at the :26 mark?
“I wanna play for Duke …”
Ferrell is lucky his skills on the basketball court have paid off, he’s no dual-threat like teammate Victor Oladipo, who once sang Usher’s “U Got It Bad” at an Indiana University talent show as a freshman.
[h/t The Big Lead]
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)