Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
Before Yogi Ferrell took his talents to Bloomington, Ind. as the Hoosiers freshman point guard, he was simply Kevin, a middle schooler trying to make it in the rap game.
On Sunday, a 6th grade rap from Ferrell was uploaded to YouTube. The About tab reads the following:
So I just found my computer from 6th grade and this video (from seven years ago) was on my hard drive. I have no idea how or why this was on here but I thought I’d share. If I remember correctly, back in 6th grade at Park Tudor we had a business fair where every student had to sell a product … this was his product. In case someone cares, this was posted with Yogi’s permission.
Did you catch that at the :26 mark?
“I wanna play for Duke …”
Ferrell is lucky his skills on the basketball court have paid off, he’s no dual-threat like teammate Victor Oladipo, who once sang Usher’s “U Got It Bad” at an Indiana University talent show as a freshman.
[h/t The Big Lead]
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)