Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 PM EST
Before Yogi Ferrell took his talents to Bloomington, Ind. as the Hoosiers freshman point guard, he was simply Kevin, a middle schooler trying to make it in the rap game.
On Sunday, a 6th grade rap from Ferrell was uploaded to YouTube. The About tab reads the following:
So I just found my computer from 6th grade and this video (from seven years ago) was on my hard drive. I have no idea how or why this was on here but I thought I’d share. If I remember correctly, back in 6th grade at Park Tudor we had a business fair where every student had to sell a product … this was his product. In case someone cares, this was posted with Yogi’s permission.
Did you catch that at the :26 mark?
“I wanna play for Duke …”
Ferrell is lucky his skills on the basketball court have paid off, he’s no dual-threat like teammate Victor Oladipo, who once sang Usher’s “U Got It Bad” at an Indiana University talent show as a freshman.
[h/t The Big Lead]
Mar 7, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Winthrop’s Andre Smith provides the latest buzzer-beater, knocking off Big South regular season champ High Point.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
Longtime Syracuse fan receives a special present eight days prior to her 100th birthday
Mar 7, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
A look at the 2009 Big East quarterfinal between UConn and Syracuse, nearly five years after the game was played.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
It’s no longer a league dominated by Vermont, Albany and Boston U. Perhaps this bodes well for Steve Pikiell’s squad.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
Five conference tournaments in action, and Harvard looks to punch its ticket to the Big Dance.
Mar 7, 2014, 9:21 AM EST
Going to be a busy week for all the bubble teams, too.
Mar 7, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Duke vs. North Carolina highlights a spate of ranked matchups, not to mention teams will start snagging tickets to the Big dance as well.
Mar 7, 2014, 2:54 AM EST
Wildcats stay in contention for a No. 1 seed in NCAA tournament, while a Southland shootout takes game of night honors.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:13 AM EST
Hawkeyes sure didn’t mind conceding open looks on Thursday.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:05 AM EST
There are 11 days left until Selection Sunday. Every morning from now until the bracket comes out, we’ll help you get caught up on the happenings with impact on the bubble from the night before.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:32 AM EST
Loyola-Illinois got the hang of the MVC tournament in a hurry.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:30 AM EST
That 0-10 start to conference play is (almost) a distant memory.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:12 AM EST
Sign of things to come to just a blip for the Spartans?
Mar 6, 2014, 11:48 PM EST
It’s getting dusty in here.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:33 PM EST
Entering Tuesday night’s date with No. 20 Memphis, offensively-challenged No. 15 Cincinnati had scored more than 80 points in a game just five times. Their victims? Campbell, Kennesaw State, USC Upstate and Chicago State all lost to the Bearcats before Christmas. Temple, one of the bottom-feeders in the American, managed to score exactly 80 points…
Mar 6, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
That regular-season title in the AAC is within the Bearcats’ claws.
Mar 6, 2014, 9:46 PM EST
To say things got weird would be an understatement.
Mar 6, 2014, 8:12 PM EST
Kevin Olekaibe and Deville Smith will be ones who benefit from guard’s absence.
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 0
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 2
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)