Apr 30, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
American will be holding a press conference at 5 p.m. to announce the hiring of current Georgetown assistant Mike Brennan, according to multiple reports.
Brennan was an assistant with American prior to joining the Georgetown staff in 2009. Before that, he had spent seven seasons as an assistant at Princeton, where he played his college ball.
Brennan will be replacing Jeff Jones, who left for Old Dominion after 13 years as the head coach at American.
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 1
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 1
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 54
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 8
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 13
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (54)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)