Apr 30, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Proud to announce that I will be continuing my career at the University of Florida !! #Gators
— Eli Carter (@Eli_Carter5) April 30, 2013
That’s Eli Carter, one of the players to transfer out of Rutgers in the wake of the Mike Rice scandal, announcing that he’ll be heading to Florida to continue his collegiate career.
Carter, who is following the same path as the now-graduated Mike Rosario, averaged 14.9 points for the Scarlet Knights as a sophomore, but he suffered a season-ending knee injury against DePaul in February. Perhaps the reason that Florida liked him so much is that Carter scored 31 points against the Gators as a freshman.
The 6-foot-2 transfer has to sit out a season before becoming eligible unless he can secure a waiver from the NCAA as a result of the way that his time in New Brunswick came to an end.
The Gators return Scottie Wilbekin and Michael Frazier while adding top ten recruit Kasey Hill to the mix, but Carter’s scoring punch and ability to play both back court positions will be a valuable addition whenever he does get eligible.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)