Apr 30, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
Last night, a picture popped up on Kentucky Sports Radio of John Calipari and Rick Pitino posing together at Malone’s, a restaurant in Kentucky.
It raised plenty of eyebrows, and it’s not exactly a secret that Pitino and Calipari don’t exactly get along on the court or off of it.
On Tuesday, we got an explanation, as the father of the girl in the picture called into the KSR radio show to tell the story of what, exactly, happened:
According to the caller, the woman saw Cal eating at Sal’s, and knowing that Pitino was next door at Malone’s, asked Cal if he would be willing to take a picture with her and Pitino. Cal obliged.
Earlier on Monday night, Cal tweeted that he would be dining at Malone’s to honor the passing of his friend Ron Rager, the COO of Bluegrass Hospitality Group, which owns Malone’s, Sal’s, and Drake’s. Perhaps Pitino had the same idea, and with the help of one brave woman, came together for a photo op for the ages.
Cal and Pitino weren’t breaking bread together after all.
It appears that the rivalry to end all rivalries is still alive and well.
Personally, I’m just going to pretend that they spent the evening discussing the pros and cons of hairspray versus pomade.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)