May 1, 2013, 3:22 PM EDT
The brewing scandal on the UW-Green Bay basketball team took another wild turn on Wednesday.
If you’re not caught up, a quick refresher: two different players have levied accusations of mistreatment against head coach Brian Wardle, and on Monday evening, one of those players — former walk-on Ryan Bross — went public with what happened.
His story is ugly, including an incident where Wardle allegedly forced Bross to run until he soiled himself, and then made fun of the player for it after the fact.
But then UWGB’s two leading scorers, Keifer Sykes and Alec Brown, went on 1440 WNFL with the Maino and Nick show to discredit those accusations, going as far as to say that the accusations weren’t true.
Well, the battle in the media isn’t over yet, as Brennan Cougill — who was the second player to initially file a complaint with the school about Wardle — went to the paper that initially published Bross’ accusations to take up for his former teammate:
Cougill, however, said neither Brown nor Sykes were in the same running group as Bross during the October training session that took place on the hills near campus. Cougill said the group included Bross, freshman Nick Arenz and himself. When Bross dropped out because he defecated himself, the rest of the group continued to run, and the other groups were not nearby, said Cougill, whose mother also filed a complaint against Wardle.
And independent investigator is currently on the case, looking into these claims.
If the past few days has taught us anything, it’s that whoever the investigator is has quite an unenviable task in front of him.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)