May 1, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
If Kentucky is going to go 40-0 next season, they certainly are going to have their work cut out for them, as John Calipari put together a strong non-conference schedule.
After playing a pair of guarantee games to kick off the season, Kentucky heads to Chicago to take on Michigan State in the Champions Classic. They’ll return home to play four games in the Keightley Classic — including a rematch with Robert Morris, who beat Kentucky in Pittsburgh in the first round of the NIT last season — before their schedule ramps up in December.
The Wildcats have a date with Providence at the Barclays Center and will travel to Arlington, TX, to take on Baylor at Cowboys Stadium. After that, Coach Cal sandwiched a trip to Chapel Hill to take on UNC between home dates with Boise State and Belmont.
Kentucky will end their non-conference schedule by hosting Louisville on December 28th.
Put it all together, and the Wildcats will play the other two top three teams in the NBCSports.com Preseason Top 25 while playing the No. 10 team on the road and hosting a Boise State team that we have just outside the top 25. Even some of their buy games come against very good mid-major programs — Belmont, Robert Morris, Cleveland State.
Kentucky may end up being challenged more in the non-conference that they are during SEC play.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)