May 1, 2013, 4:56 PM EST
If Kentucky is going to go 40-0 next season, they certainly are going to have their work cut out for them, as John Calipari put together a strong non-conference schedule.
After playing a pair of guarantee games to kick off the season, Kentucky heads to Chicago to take on Michigan State in the Champions Classic. They’ll return home to play four games in the Keightley Classic — including a rematch with Robert Morris, who beat Kentucky in Pittsburgh in the first round of the NIT last season — before their schedule ramps up in December.
The Wildcats have a date with Providence at the Barclays Center and will travel to Arlington, TX, to take on Baylor at Cowboys Stadium. After that, Coach Cal sandwiched a trip to Chapel Hill to take on UNC between home dates with Boise State and Belmont.
Kentucky will end their non-conference schedule by hosting Louisville on December 28th.
Put it all together, and the Wildcats will play the other two top three teams in the NBCSports.com Preseason Top 25 while playing the No. 10 team on the road and hosting a Boise State team that we have just outside the top 25. Even some of their buy games come against very good mid-major programs — Belmont, Robert Morris, Cleveland State.
Kentucky may end up being challenged more in the non-conference that they are during SEC play.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 0
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)