May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Braxton Ogbueze must have seen the writing on the wall when Florida accepted a commitment from Rutgers transfer Eli Carter, as the freshman will be transferring out of the Florida program.
“Braxton has been a hard worker with a great attitude, and we wish him nothing but the best as he moves on,” Florida head coach Billy Donovan said in a statement.
“I’ve appreciated the opportunity here at Florida and have learned a lot that will help me in the future,” Ogbueze said.
Ogbueze was the No. 78 recruit in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals, but he averaged just 4.7 minutes in 23 games this past season. With Scottie Wilbekin and Michael Frazier returning, top ten freshman Kasey Hill enrolling this fall and Carter joining — with the potential for being cleared immediately due to the circumstances surrounding his departure from Rutgers — Ogbueze was going to once again be in the middle of a playing time crunch.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)