May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Braxton Ogbueze must have seen the writing on the wall when Florida accepted a commitment from Rutgers transfer Eli Carter, as the freshman will be transferring out of the Florida program.
“Braxton has been a hard worker with a great attitude, and we wish him nothing but the best as he moves on,” Florida head coach Billy Donovan said in a statement.
“I’ve appreciated the opportunity here at Florida and have learned a lot that will help me in the future,” Ogbueze said.
Ogbueze was the No. 78 recruit in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals, but he averaged just 4.7 minutes in 23 games this past season. With Scottie Wilbekin and Michael Frazier returning, top ten freshman Kasey Hill enrolling this fall and Carter joining — with the potential for being cleared immediately due to the circumstances surrounding his departure from Rutgers — Ogbueze was going to once again be in the middle of a playing time crunch.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)