May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Braxton Ogbueze must have seen the writing on the wall when Florida accepted a commitment from Rutgers transfer Eli Carter, as the freshman will be transferring out of the Florida program.
“Braxton has been a hard worker with a great attitude, and we wish him nothing but the best as he moves on,” Florida head coach Billy Donovan said in a statement.
“I’ve appreciated the opportunity here at Florida and have learned a lot that will help me in the future,” Ogbueze said.
Ogbueze was the No. 78 recruit in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals, but he averaged just 4.7 minutes in 23 games this past season. With Scottie Wilbekin and Michael Frazier returning, top ten freshman Kasey Hill enrolling this fall and Carter joining — with the potential for being cleared immediately due to the circumstances surrounding his departure from Rutgers — Ogbueze was going to once again be in the middle of a playing time crunch.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)