May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Braxton Ogbueze must have seen the writing on the wall when Florida accepted a commitment from Rutgers transfer Eli Carter, as the freshman will be transferring out of the Florida program.
“Braxton has been a hard worker with a great attitude, and we wish him nothing but the best as he moves on,” Florida head coach Billy Donovan said in a statement.
“I’ve appreciated the opportunity here at Florida and have learned a lot that will help me in the future,” Ogbueze said.
Ogbueze was the No. 78 recruit in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals, but he averaged just 4.7 minutes in 23 games this past season. With Scottie Wilbekin and Michael Frazier returning, top ten freshman Kasey Hill enrolling this fall and Carter joining — with the potential for being cleared immediately due to the circumstances surrounding his departure from Rutgers — Ogbueze was going to once again be in the middle of a playing time crunch.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)