May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Braxton Ogbueze must have seen the writing on the wall when Florida accepted a commitment from Rutgers transfer Eli Carter, as the freshman will be transferring out of the Florida program.
“Braxton has been a hard worker with a great attitude, and we wish him nothing but the best as he moves on,” Florida head coach Billy Donovan said in a statement.
“I’ve appreciated the opportunity here at Florida and have learned a lot that will help me in the future,” Ogbueze said.
Ogbueze was the No. 78 recruit in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals, but he averaged just 4.7 minutes in 23 games this past season. With Scottie Wilbekin and Michael Frazier returning, top ten freshman Kasey Hill enrolling this fall and Carter joining — with the potential for being cleared immediately due to the circumstances surrounding his departure from Rutgers — Ogbueze was going to once again be in the middle of a playing time crunch.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)