May 2, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
The trip — tentatively planned for mid-August — is scheduled to be a 10-day tour of the country. It will be the first time since 2001 that the Sun Devils have gone overseas for a trip, when the Sun Devils went to Australia. UCLA went to China last season and played three games there, while both Duke and Georgetown travelled there in recent years. Georgetown’s trip was the most memorable, as the Hoyas got in a full-fledged brawl with a professional team out there.
The Sun Devils has a chance to be pretty good next season. Losing Carrick Felix is going to hurt, but ASU gets Jahii Carson back, along with star center Jordan Bachynski. Jonathon Gilling and Evan Gordon also return, while Herb Sendek brings in a pair of transfers that will be able to contribute immediately — Richie Edwards, who averaged 9.2 points in 16.9 minutes as a junior at Valpo, and Brandon Kearney, a Michigan State transfer who will become eligible for the second semester.
The Sun Devils will be allowed ten practices prior to the trip.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)