May 2, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
The trip — tentatively planned for mid-August — is scheduled to be a 10-day tour of the country. It will be the first time since 2001 that the Sun Devils have gone overseas for a trip, when the Sun Devils went to Australia. UCLA went to China last season and played three games there, while both Duke and Georgetown travelled there in recent years. Georgetown’s trip was the most memorable, as the Hoyas got in a full-fledged brawl with a professional team out there.
The Sun Devils has a chance to be pretty good next season. Losing Carrick Felix is going to hurt, but ASU gets Jahii Carson back, along with star center Jordan Bachynski. Jonathon Gilling and Evan Gordon also return, while Herb Sendek brings in a pair of transfers that will be able to contribute immediately — Richie Edwards, who averaged 9.2 points in 16.9 minutes as a junior at Valpo, and Brandon Kearney, a Michigan State transfer who will become eligible for the second semester.
The Sun Devils will be allowed ten practices prior to the trip.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)