May 2, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
The trip — tentatively planned for mid-August — is scheduled to be a 10-day tour of the country. It will be the first time since 2001 that the Sun Devils have gone overseas for a trip, when the Sun Devils went to Australia. UCLA went to China last season and played three games there, while both Duke and Georgetown travelled there in recent years. Georgetown’s trip was the most memorable, as the Hoyas got in a full-fledged brawl with a professional team out there.
The Sun Devils has a chance to be pretty good next season. Losing Carrick Felix is going to hurt, but ASU gets Jahii Carson back, along with star center Jordan Bachynski. Jonathon Gilling and Evan Gordon also return, while Herb Sendek brings in a pair of transfers that will be able to contribute immediately — Richie Edwards, who averaged 9.2 points in 16.9 minutes as a junior at Valpo, and Brandon Kearney, a Michigan State transfer who will become eligible for the second semester.
The Sun Devils will be allowed ten practices prior to the trip.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)