May 2, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
The trip — tentatively planned for mid-August — is scheduled to be a 10-day tour of the country. It will be the first time since 2001 that the Sun Devils have gone overseas for a trip, when the Sun Devils went to Australia. UCLA went to China last season and played three games there, while both Duke and Georgetown travelled there in recent years. Georgetown’s trip was the most memorable, as the Hoyas got in a full-fledged brawl with a professional team out there.
The Sun Devils has a chance to be pretty good next season. Losing Carrick Felix is going to hurt, but ASU gets Jahii Carson back, along with star center Jordan Bachynski. Jonathon Gilling and Evan Gordon also return, while Herb Sendek brings in a pair of transfers that will be able to contribute immediately — Richie Edwards, who averaged 9.2 points in 16.9 minutes as a junior at Valpo, and Brandon Kearney, a Michigan State transfer who will become eligible for the second semester.
The Sun Devils will be allowed ten practices prior to the trip.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)