May 2, 2013, 10:24 AM EST
The trip — tentatively planned for mid-August — is scheduled to be a 10-day tour of the country. It will be the first time since 2001 that the Sun Devils have gone overseas for a trip, when the Sun Devils went to Australia. UCLA went to China last season and played three games there, while both Duke and Georgetown travelled there in recent years. Georgetown’s trip was the most memorable, as the Hoyas got in a full-fledged brawl with a professional team out there.
The Sun Devils has a chance to be pretty good next season. Losing Carrick Felix is going to hurt, but ASU gets Jahii Carson back, along with star center Jordan Bachynski. Jonathon Gilling and Evan Gordon also return, while Herb Sendek brings in a pair of transfers that will be able to contribute immediately — Richie Edwards, who averaged 9.2 points in 16.9 minutes as a junior at Valpo, and Brandon Kearney, a Michigan State transfer who will become eligible for the second semester.
The Sun Devils will be allowed ten practices prior to the trip.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)