May 2, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
According to a report from Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago, Northern Illinois will add some size to its roster in the form of former Illinois State center Jordan Threloff.
Threloff saw limited playing time as a sophomore under first-year head coach Dan Muller and that ultimately led to his decision to transfer from Illinois State. A 6-10 redshirt sophomore center, Threloff played in 21 games this past season, averaging 2.5 points and 1.9 rebounds in 7.9 minutes per game.
Threloff played a grand total of 17 minutes in the Redbirds’ final ten games, and his decision to transfer has led the Dekalb native back to his hometown.
NIU has already signed four players in its 2013 recruiting class, brothers Aaron (a 6-4 guard who played at San Jose City College this past season) and Aaric Armstead, 6-2 guard Dontel Highsmith and Kansas State transfer Michael Orris.
The 2012-13 season was a rough one for NIU and first-year head coach Mark Montgomery, as they managed to win just five games and also set a record for offensive futility with a four-point first half in a loss at Eastern Michigan.
Suffice it to say that the Huskies are in need of a talent upgrade as they look to improve their standing within the Mid-American Conference.
Will this five-member class help push NIU basketball in the right direction? After last season, there really isn’t anywhere to go but up for Northern Illinois.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)