May 3, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Marquette announced on Friday afternoon that freshman forward Steve Taylor Jr. underwent surgery on Wednesday to remove a benign growth from his right knee.
According to the program Taylor is expected to miss 3-4 months as a result of the procedure, which addresses an issue that has bothered Taylor for quite some time.
Taylor played in 35 games as a freshman for the Golden Eagles, averaging of 3.0 points and 2.1 rebounds in 8.6 minutes per game. His most successful outing came in Marquette’s mid-December victory over Savannah State, a game in which he accounted for a career-high ten points to go along with six rebounds.
Taylor established a career-high with eight rebounds in a loss at Villanova on February 23, and on the season 36 of his 73 total rebounds were of the offensive variety.
Taylor played his high school basketball at Simeon HS in Chicago, and he’s expected to be released from the hospital Friday afternoon.
May 21, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
The slender forward joins Sacha Killeya-Jones, Ty Jerome and Kyle Guy in Virginia’s 2016 haul.
May 21, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Davis joins grassroots teammate C.J. Williamson Jr. in Texas Tech’s 2015 recruiting haul.
May 21, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
UNC fell short in the race for Brandon Ingram, and the investigation was a big reason why.
May 21, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
John Calipari will coach against former assistant Orlando Antigua November 27 in Miami.
May 21, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
The Jonesboro, Georgia native averaged 11.9 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game as a redshirt junior at UALR.
May 21, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Last spring Mark Turgeon was seen by some as being on the “hot seat.” This spring, one sports book believes he’s got the early favorite to win the national title in 2016.
May 21, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
Thanks a lot, Christian.
May 21, 2015, 2:09 PM EDT
Cal is always selling his program, and his latest viral quote is no different.
May 21, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
It’s not as weird as it sounds.
May 21, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Holman was expected to spend 2015-16 at a prep school.
May 21, 2015, 11:38 AM EDT
These are pretty funny.
May 21, 2015, 10:34 AM EDT
But this overt display of ‘amateurism’ may actually be good for the fight for student-athlete rights.
May 21, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The Red Storm are now up to seven newcomers with this addition.
May 20, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
While Chicago has been discussed for quite some time as a franchise that may approach “The Mayor,” they still have a head coach in Tom Thibodeau.
May 20, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
Jones was suspended two weeks after the team’s season came to an end.
May 20, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The news came one day after former Liberty forward Tomasz Gielo transferred to Ole Miss.
May 20, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Boston College was in need of additional backcourt depth, and this addition helps.
May 20, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Maryland’s the class of the field, but Rhode Island also has hopes of using this as a springboard into the NCAA tournament.
May 20, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Murray is the hot name on the recruiting circuit these days.
May 20, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
Is this why he ducked Fred Hoiberg?
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)