May 3, 2013, 12:41 PM EST
With just five players on the 2013-14 roster at the time of his hiring, first-year San Jose State head coach Dave Wojcik had a lot of work to do on the recruiting trail with the Spartans approaching their debut season in the Mountain West.
Wojcik’s landed four commitments thus far, and the recruiting work may have led to a delay in regards to the announcement of his coaching staff. On Thursday San Jose State officially announced the hiring of assistant coaches Chris Brazelton, Jack Kennedy and Omar Lowery.
Both Brazelton and Lowery have multiple seasons of experience at the Division I level, with Brazelton arriving at San Jose State by way of Drake and Lowery by way of Cal Poly.
Kennedy just completed his first season as an assistant coach at San Francisco, however he was a part of the San Francisco program for the past five seasons in some capacity (two seasons as a grad assistant, followed by two as director of basketball operations).
The experience that Brazelton and Lowery have as recruiting coordinators at past jobs should serve San Jose State well as they look to put together a competitive product in the Mountain West.
The Spartans and Utah State are both making the move over from the WAC, and there’s no doubt that at present time the Aggies are the more prepared program of the two.
Now that the staff is set, look for San Jose State to be even more active as they look to fill out the roster for the 2013-14 campaign.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)