May 4, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
We reported recently that Alabama’s second-leading scorer, Trevor Lacey, would transfer out of the SEC program.
Today, we have some idea which schools may be in the running to acquire his services.
According to PackInsider.com, Lacey has scheduled a visit to Raleigh, which the program’s supporters are taking as a strong sign that the guard may choose to transfer to N.C. State. The same article noted a report out of nearby Chapel Hill stating that Lacey would visit UNC on the 14th of this month, so the Wolfpack will definitely have some competition.
PackInsider also notes, with a hopeful tone, that Lacey has history with the N.C. State program:
As a high school prospect, Lacey (6-3/215) was offered by Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Auburn, UCONN and NC State. The Wolfpack’s prior recruiting relationship with Lacey could prove beneficial in this process.
Lacey’s ability to handle the rock and hit the deep three would be an important addition for any program that lands his services. Lacey will have to sit one season after he transfers, but will have two more seasons of eligibility left for his new team to enjoy.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)