May 4, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
We reported recently that Alabama’s second-leading scorer, Trevor Lacey, would transfer out of the SEC program.
Today, we have some idea which schools may be in the running to acquire his services.
According to PackInsider.com, Lacey has scheduled a visit to Raleigh, which the program’s supporters are taking as a strong sign that the guard may choose to transfer to N.C. State. The same article noted a report out of nearby Chapel Hill stating that Lacey would visit UNC on the 14th of this month, so the Wolfpack will definitely have some competition.
PackInsider also notes, with a hopeful tone, that Lacey has history with the N.C. State program:
As a high school prospect, Lacey (6-3/215) was offered by Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Auburn, UCONN and NC State. The Wolfpack’s prior recruiting relationship with Lacey could prove beneficial in this process.
Lacey’s ability to handle the rock and hit the deep three would be an important addition for any program that lands his services. Lacey will have to sit one season after he transfers, but will have two more seasons of eligibility left for his new team to enjoy.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (5)