May 4, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
We reported recently that Alabama’s second-leading scorer, Trevor Lacey, would transfer out of the SEC program.
Today, we have some idea which schools may be in the running to acquire his services.
According to PackInsider.com, Lacey has scheduled a visit to Raleigh, which the program’s supporters are taking as a strong sign that the guard may choose to transfer to N.C. State. The same article noted a report out of nearby Chapel Hill stating that Lacey would visit UNC on the 14th of this month, so the Wolfpack will definitely have some competition.
PackInsider also notes, with a hopeful tone, that Lacey has history with the N.C. State program:
As a high school prospect, Lacey (6-3/215) was offered by Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Auburn, UCONN and NC State. The Wolfpack’s prior recruiting relationship with Lacey could prove beneficial in this process.
Lacey’s ability to handle the rock and hit the deep three would be an important addition for any program that lands his services. Lacey will have to sit one season after he transfers, but will have two more seasons of eligibility left for his new team to enjoy.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)