May 4, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
So much to enjoy about this video.
First, if you didn’t know it before, Albuquerque’s minor league team – the Triple-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers – is called the Isotopes. Yes, it’s a Simpsons reference, and yes, that is a glorious thing.
Second, Craig Neal is kind of new on the job, being hired to replace Steve Alford a few weeks ago, and it’s pretty cool to see him out enjoying the summer in Albuquerque, throwing out a first pitch. Though, I’ve been to Albuquerque in the summer, and you have to be a damn lizard to really enjoy the direct sunlight. But still. A ballgame is a ballgame.
Third, Neal may not have great location or velocity, but he did put it over the plate, and that’s far from a given when you get a celebrity first-pitch thrower.
Anyway, enough setup, just watch and enjoy, and hit your local ballpark as soon as possible. It’s always a good time.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (42)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)