May 4, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
So much to enjoy about this video.
First, if you didn’t know it before, Albuquerque’s minor league team – the Triple-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers – is called the Isotopes. Yes, it’s a Simpsons reference, and yes, that is a glorious thing.
Second, Craig Neal is kind of new on the job, being hired to replace Steve Alford a few weeks ago, and it’s pretty cool to see him out enjoying the summer in Albuquerque, throwing out a first pitch. Though, I’ve been to Albuquerque in the summer, and you have to be a damn lizard to really enjoy the direct sunlight. But still. A ballgame is a ballgame.
Third, Neal may not have great location or velocity, but he did put it over the plate, and that’s far from a given when you get a celebrity first-pitch thrower.
Anyway, enough setup, just watch and enjoy, and hit your local ballpark as soon as possible. It’s always a good time.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)