May 4, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
So much to enjoy about this video.
First, if you didn’t know it before, Albuquerque’s minor league team – the Triple-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers – is called the Isotopes. Yes, it’s a Simpsons reference, and yes, that is a glorious thing.
Second, Craig Neal is kind of new on the job, being hired to replace Steve Alford a few weeks ago, and it’s pretty cool to see him out enjoying the summer in Albuquerque, throwing out a first pitch. Though, I’ve been to Albuquerque in the summer, and you have to be a damn lizard to really enjoy the direct sunlight. But still. A ballgame is a ballgame.
Third, Neal may not have great location or velocity, but he did put it over the plate, and that’s far from a given when you get a celebrity first-pitch thrower.
Anyway, enough setup, just watch and enjoy, and hit your local ballpark as soon as possible. It’s always a good time.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)