May 4, 2013, 10:58 PM EST
So much to enjoy about this video.
First, if you didn’t know it before, Albuquerque’s minor league team – the Triple-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers – is called the Isotopes. Yes, it’s a Simpsons reference, and yes, that is a glorious thing.
Second, Craig Neal is kind of new on the job, being hired to replace Steve Alford a few weeks ago, and it’s pretty cool to see him out enjoying the summer in Albuquerque, throwing out a first pitch. Though, I’ve been to Albuquerque in the summer, and you have to be a damn lizard to really enjoy the direct sunlight. But still. A ballgame is a ballgame.
Third, Neal may not have great location or velocity, but he did put it over the plate, and that’s far from a given when you get a celebrity first-pitch thrower.
Anyway, enough setup, just watch and enjoy, and hit your local ballpark as soon as possible. It’s always a good time.
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)