May 5, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Seth’s older brother, Stephen, has been receiving all the attention lately, and deservedly so considering how he’s dazzled the nation’s eyes in Golden State’s 4-2 first round series win against the Denver Nuggets in the NBA playoffs. But, Seth enjoyed his time in the limelight for much of the college basketball season as he averaged 17.5 points and shot 43.8% from 3PT land for Duke.
Last week, Seth was honored at the 2013 Duke Basketball Banquet, and received some very complimentary remarks from head coach Mike Krzyzewski. While introducing the younger Curry to the podium, Krzyzewski said: “Thanks for letting me correct the mistake I made of not taking you right out of high school.”
Seth, like his older brother, was seldom recruited coming out of high school, and committed to Liberty University in September of 2007. After averaging 20.2 points as a freshman in the Big South Conference, it was clear Curry was playing at a level or two beneath his abilities. As such, he transferred to Duke following his freshman season at Liberty. As a senior, Curry was Duke’s steadiest and most reliable offensive player.
Even with the returning and incoming talent that Duke has for the 2013-14 season, the shooting prowess of Curry will be difficult to replace. In his three seasons at Duke, Curry shot 41.9% from 3PT, which ranks third all-time only behind Christian Laettner and Trajan Langdon.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)