May 5, 2013, 4:11 PM EST
Seth’s older brother, Stephen, has been receiving all the attention lately, and deservedly so considering how he’s dazzled the nation’s eyes in Golden State’s 4-2 first round series win against the Denver Nuggets in the NBA playoffs. But, Seth enjoyed his time in the limelight for much of the college basketball season as he averaged 17.5 points and shot 43.8% from 3PT land for Duke.
Last week, Seth was honored at the 2013 Duke Basketball Banquet, and received some very complimentary remarks from head coach Mike Krzyzewski. While introducing the younger Curry to the podium, Krzyzewski said: “Thanks for letting me correct the mistake I made of not taking you right out of high school.”
Seth, like his older brother, was seldom recruited coming out of high school, and committed to Liberty University in September of 2007. After averaging 20.2 points as a freshman in the Big South Conference, it was clear Curry was playing at a level or two beneath his abilities. As such, he transferred to Duke following his freshman season at Liberty. As a senior, Curry was Duke’s steadiest and most reliable offensive player.
Even with the returning and incoming talent that Duke has for the 2013-14 season, the shooting prowess of Curry will be difficult to replace. In his three seasons at Duke, Curry shot 41.9% from 3PT, which ranks third all-time only behind Christian Laettner and Trajan Langdon.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)