May 6, 2013, 5:55 PM EST
The Atlantic Sun Conference will decide the venue for their 2013-14 tournament in the near future.
The announcement will be made in the next 10 days, according to an article in the Macon Telegraph. Mercer has held the previous four men’s and women’s tournaments. The site will be the venue of the semifinal and championship games, with the first round games being played at various home sites.
Former NCAA men’s basketball tournament head Greg Shaheen was brought in to consult on the decision in February, has the bids and will be in talks with A-Sun Commissioner Ted Gumbart this week to decide a locale.
“They’re all going through our consultant at this point,” Gumbart said of the bids. “By the end of the week, we’ll have a joint recommendation to the membership.”
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)