May 6, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
The Atlantic Sun Conference will decide the venue for their 2013-14 tournament in the near future.
The announcement will be made in the next 10 days, according to an article in the Macon Telegraph. Mercer has held the previous four men’s and women’s tournaments. The site will be the venue of the semifinal and championship games, with the first round games being played at various home sites.
Former NCAA men’s basketball tournament head Greg Shaheen was brought in to consult on the decision in February, has the bids and will be in talks with A-Sun Commissioner Ted Gumbart this week to decide a locale.
“They’re all going through our consultant at this point,” Gumbart said of the bids. “By the end of the week, we’ll have a joint recommendation to the membership.”
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 0
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)