May 6, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
The Atlantic Sun Conference will decide the venue for their 2013-14 tournament in the near future.
The announcement will be made in the next 10 days, according to an article in the Macon Telegraph. Mercer has held the previous four men’s and women’s tournaments. The site will be the venue of the semifinal and championship games, with the first round games being played at various home sites.
Former NCAA men’s basketball tournament head Greg Shaheen was brought in to consult on the decision in February, has the bids and will be in talks with A-Sun Commissioner Ted Gumbart this week to decide a locale.
“They’re all going through our consultant at this point,” Gumbart said of the bids. “By the end of the week, we’ll have a joint recommendation to the membership.”
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)