May 6, 2013, 5:55 PM EST
The Atlantic Sun Conference will decide the venue for their 2013-14 tournament in the near future.
The announcement will be made in the next 10 days, according to an article in the Macon Telegraph. Mercer has held the previous four men’s and women’s tournaments. The site will be the venue of the semifinal and championship games, with the first round games being played at various home sites.
Former NCAA men’s basketball tournament head Greg Shaheen was brought in to consult on the decision in February, has the bids and will be in talks with A-Sun Commissioner Ted Gumbart this week to decide a locale.
“They’re all going through our consultant at this point,” Gumbart said of the bids. “By the end of the week, we’ll have a joint recommendation to the membership.”
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)