May 6, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
The Atlantic Sun Conference will decide the venue for their 2013-14 tournament in the near future.
The announcement will be made in the next 10 days, according to an article in the Macon Telegraph. Mercer has held the previous four men’s and women’s tournaments. The site will be the venue of the semifinal and championship games, with the first round games being played at various home sites.
Former NCAA men’s basketball tournament head Greg Shaheen was brought in to consult on the decision in February, has the bids and will be in talks with A-Sun Commissioner Ted Gumbart this week to decide a locale.
“They’re all going through our consultant at this point,” Gumbart said of the bids. “By the end of the week, we’ll have a joint recommendation to the membership.”
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)