May 6, 2013, 1:14 PM EDT
For the second time this month, Florida has lost a freshman to transfer.
This time it’s DeVon Walker who will be joining Braxton Ogbueze out the door. Walker was ranked 142nd in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals, but thanks to a loaded front court that will get even better next season, Walker barely saw the floor this season. He averaged just under four minutes per game, suiting up in only 25 games.
“DeVon has a bright future, and we hope for the best for him wherever he chooses to go,” head coach Billy Donovan said in a release.
“I’ve grown a lot this year, and I’m grateful to Coach Donovan, the staff and my teammates at Florida for everything,” Walker said.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)