May 6, 2013, 1:14 PM EDT
For the second time this month, Florida has lost a freshman to transfer.
This time it’s DeVon Walker who will be joining Braxton Ogbueze out the door. Walker was ranked 142nd in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals, but thanks to a loaded front court that will get even better next season, Walker barely saw the floor this season. He averaged just under four minutes per game, suiting up in only 25 games.
“DeVon has a bright future, and we hope for the best for him wherever he chooses to go,” head coach Billy Donovan said in a release.
“I’ve grown a lot this year, and I’m grateful to Coach Donovan, the staff and my teammates at Florida for everything,” Walker said.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 3
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)