May 6, 2013, 1:14 PM EDT
For the second time this month, Florida has lost a freshman to transfer.
This time it’s DeVon Walker who will be joining Braxton Ogbueze out the door. Walker was ranked 142nd in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals, but thanks to a loaded front court that will get even better next season, Walker barely saw the floor this season. He averaged just under four minutes per game, suiting up in only 25 games.
“DeVon has a bright future, and we hope for the best for him wherever he chooses to go,” head coach Billy Donovan said in a release.
“I’ve grown a lot this year, and I’m grateful to Coach Donovan, the staff and my teammates at Florida for everything,” Walker said.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 5
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)