May 6, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Nerlens Noel had a special guest with him at the Kentucky Derby this weekend: Kelly Melton, a seven-year old Kentucky boy currently battling leukemia.
Noel has gotten to know Melton during visits to the Kentucky Children’s Hospital during his time in Lexington, enough so that Noel invited Kelly down to come to the Derby with him.
I’m a sucker for stories like this. Who doesn’t love seeing athletes give back to their community, especially when that giving back entails making the memory of a lifetime for a kid battling leukemia.
The friendship, hopefully, will go both ways.
Because I think Nerlens could learn a thing or two from Kelly when it comes to clothes, as he’s clearly the better-dressed of the two.
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)