May 6, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
Matt Painter has landed his first recruit in the Class of 2014, as Dakota Mathias pledged to the Boilermakers over the weekend.
Mathias is a 6-foot-4 shooting guard from Ohio. He’s rated as a three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
“According to the coaches, I’m a very big need,” Mathias told the Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette. “They want guys with some skill, some high IQ guys. I think I bring that: A little versatility, can shoot it a little bit and pass the ball, just make smart decisions.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)