May 6, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
Matt Painter has landed his first recruit in the Class of 2014, as Dakota Mathias pledged to the Boilermakers over the weekend.
Mathias is a 6-foot-4 shooting guard from Ohio. He’s rated as a three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
“According to the coaches, I’m a very big need,” Mathias told the Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette. “They want guys with some skill, some high IQ guys. I think I bring that: A little versatility, can shoot it a little bit and pass the ball, just make smart decisions.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)