May 6, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
Matt Painter has landed his first recruit in the Class of 2014, as Dakota Mathias pledged to the Boilermakers over the weekend.
Mathias is a 6-foot-4 shooting guard from Ohio. He’s rated as a three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
“According to the coaches, I’m a very big need,” Mathias told the Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette. “They want guys with some skill, some high IQ guys. I think I bring that: A little versatility, can shoot it a little bit and pass the ball, just make smart decisions.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)