May 6, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
Matt Painter has landed his first recruit in the Class of 2014, as Dakota Mathias pledged to the Boilermakers over the weekend.
Mathias is a 6-foot-4 shooting guard from Ohio. He’s rated as a three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
“According to the coaches, I’m a very big need,” Mathias told the Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette. “They want guys with some skill, some high IQ guys. I think I bring that: A little versatility, can shoot it a little bit and pass the ball, just make smart decisions.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)