May 6, 2013, 10:58 AM EST
West Virginia was not happy about the travel issues that they had this past season as a new member of the Big 12.
They’ve been complaining about it for a couple of months already, and according to Andy Katz, some of those complaints are finally being heard:
The conference will look at having West Virginia stay on the road for two consecutive road games in a short amount of time to reduce the number of long road trips for the Mountaineers. West Virginia wants to avoid having to go back to Texas or Texas and Oklahoma or Texas and Iowa over a Wednesday to a Saturday time period.
I guess I understand their complaints.
Traveling from West Virginia to Texas for a Wednesday night game and following that up with a trip back across the country for a Saturday afternoon tip is not an easy thing to do. But the Mountaineers knew that back when they made the decision to leave the Big East, which tends to make it tough to feel bad for them.
Luckily for WVU, the rest of the league’s AD’s seem be willing to help the ‘Eers out.
They’re more generous than me.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 25
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (25)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)