May 7, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
CBS and Turner Sports announced their broadcasting schedule on Tuesday afternoon for the upcoming Final Fours.
In 2014 and 2015, TBS will broadcast Saturday’s national semifinals while CBS will air the national title game. In 2016, TBS will broadcast all three games of the Final Four. CBS will get all three games of the Final Four in 2017. Throughout the rest of the contract that the NCAA signed with CBS/Turner, which runs through 2024, will alternate being broadcast on CBS and TBS.
“Since the inception of our partnership, I don’t think we could have envisioned such a seamless collaboration between our two companies both in front of and behind the cameras,” said David Levy, president of sales, distribution and sports, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. “Coming off another incredible year of strong ratings and exciting games, the popularity of the NCAA Tournament and Final Four continues to resonate with fans across the country. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to televise the Final Four national semifinal games and two of the Elite Eight games on TBS beginning next year, and for the network to televise its first National Championship game in 2016.”
The Sweet 16 and Elite 8 will be split between CBS and TBS starting next season, while the first weekend will still be shown on all four networks — CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)