May 7, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
CBS and Turner Sports announced their broadcasting schedule on Tuesday afternoon for the upcoming Final Fours.
In 2014 and 2015, TBS will broadcast Saturday’s national semifinals while CBS will air the national title game. In 2016, TBS will broadcast all three games of the Final Four. CBS will get all three games of the Final Four in 2017. Throughout the rest of the contract that the NCAA signed with CBS/Turner, which runs through 2024, will alternate being broadcast on CBS and TBS.
“Since the inception of our partnership, I don’t think we could have envisioned such a seamless collaboration between our two companies both in front of and behind the cameras,” said David Levy, president of sales, distribution and sports, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. “Coming off another incredible year of strong ratings and exciting games, the popularity of the NCAA Tournament and Final Four continues to resonate with fans across the country. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to televise the Final Four national semifinal games and two of the Elite Eight games on TBS beginning next year, and for the network to televise its first National Championship game in 2016.”
The Sweet 16 and Elite 8 will be split between CBS and TBS starting next season, while the first weekend will still be shown on all four networks — CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)