May 7, 2013, 10:14 AM EST
CBS and Turner Sports announced their broadcasting schedule on Tuesday afternoon for the upcoming Final Fours.
In 2014 and 2015, TBS will broadcast Saturday’s national semifinals while CBS will air the national title game. In 2016, TBS will broadcast all three games of the Final Four. CBS will get all three games of the Final Four in 2017. Throughout the rest of the contract that the NCAA signed with CBS/Turner, which runs through 2024, will alternate being broadcast on CBS and TBS.
“Since the inception of our partnership, I don’t think we could have envisioned such a seamless collaboration between our two companies both in front of and behind the cameras,” said David Levy, president of sales, distribution and sports, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. “Coming off another incredible year of strong ratings and exciting games, the popularity of the NCAA Tournament and Final Four continues to resonate with fans across the country. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to televise the Final Four national semifinal games and two of the Elite Eight games on TBS beginning next year, and for the network to televise its first National Championship game in 2016.”
The Sweet 16 and Elite 8 will be split between CBS and TBS starting next season, while the first weekend will still be shown on all four networks — CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 2
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 1
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)