May 7, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
Colorado began its Class of 2014 with a commitment from Denver native and four-star recruit Dominique Collier, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Denver East High School.
Collier had offers from Arizona, Oregon, UCLA, Kansas State, Iowa, Gonzaga and Missouri before announcing through his Twitter account that he’d be a Buffalo.
Just committed to play basketball at CU!! Go Buffs!!! #rollTad 👍
— Dom Collier (@DomCollier24) May 8, 2013
“It was really good to get it off my chest, I’m really excited and I feel blessed,” Collier later told Neil H. Devlin of the Denver Post Tuesday night.
Collier finished his junior season, averaging 20.1 points, 3.6 assists and 3.5 steals per game. He led East High to a Colorado Class 5A Championship and earning the state’s Mr. Basketball honors. The future Colorado point guard was also a member of the 2012 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National team.
The success Colorado head coach Tad Boyle has had during his first three years helped the Buffaloes land a big-time in-state recruit.
“(Boyle) has handled that program so well,” Collier told the Post. “I really like that.”
In three seasons in Boulder, Boyle is 69-38 and brought the Buffaloes to a pair of NCAA tournaments in 2012 and 2013.
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)