May 7, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
Colorado began its Class of 2014 with a commitment from Denver native and four-star recruit Dominique Collier, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Denver East High School.
Collier had offers from Arizona, Oregon, UCLA, Kansas State, Iowa, Gonzaga and Missouri before announcing through his Twitter account that he’d be a Buffalo.
Just committed to play basketball at CU!! Go Buffs!!! #rollTad 👍
— Dom Collier (@DomCollier24) May 8, 2013
“It was really good to get it off my chest, I’m really excited and I feel blessed,” Collier later told Neil H. Devlin of the Denver Post Tuesday night.
Collier finished his junior season, averaging 20.1 points, 3.6 assists and 3.5 steals per game. He led East High to a Colorado Class 5A Championship and earning the state’s Mr. Basketball honors. The future Colorado point guard was also a member of the 2012 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National team.
The success Colorado head coach Tad Boyle has had during his first three years helped the Buffaloes land a big-time in-state recruit.
“(Boyle) has handled that program so well,” Collier told the Post. “I really like that.”
In three seasons in Boulder, Boyle is 69-38 and brought the Buffaloes to a pair of NCAA tournaments in 2012 and 2013.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
There isn’t anything all that wrong with the AP’s list. The first team is perfect.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:19 PM EDT
If you need to place a bet, here are the lines you’ll be working with.
Mar 30, 2015, 10:46 AM EDT
Neubauer was with Eastern Kentucky for 10 years and John Beilein for nine seasons before that.
Mar 30, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
R.J. Hunter and his father/coach became a sensation during the tournament.
Mar 30, 2015, 9:43 AM EDT
This is not a surprise, as Turner was expected to be a one-and-done player.
Mar 29, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Chris Mullin has zero head coaching experience.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
George Mason had parted ways with Paul Hewitt earlier this month.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
The former St. Bonaventure guard had previously completed his Bachelor’s degree.
Mar 29, 2015, 8:36 PM EDT
Michigan State knocked of Louisville in the Elite Eight on Sunday.
Mar 29, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
40-0, Izzo, Coach K, Bo Ryan, Wisconsin-UK, Duke-UK? Let’s get it.
Mar 29, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Three one-seeds have made it to the Final Four, with No. 7 Michigan State being the exception.
Mar 29, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Duke is the third No. 1 seed to reach Indianapolis.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT
Duryea has been with the program for 14 seasons.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
We now know who plays when during the Final Four.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
Hurley just completed his third season with the Rams.
Mar 29, 2015, 5:02 PM EDT
This is the first Final Four Michigan State has been to since 2009.
Mar 29, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Dave Leitao is the leading candidate to become the head coach at DePaul for a second time.
Mar 29, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Five-star big man Ivan Rabb makes a clutch free throw to win a California state title.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Wisconsin and Kentucky get to play again after last season’s thrilling National Semifinal.
Mar 29, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
The label of “best coach yet to reach a Final Four” will remain Miller’s for another offseason, whether that’s fair or not.
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 84
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (84)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)