May 7, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
Colorado began its Class of 2014 with a commitment from Denver native and four-star recruit Dominique Collier, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Denver East High School.
Collier had offers from Arizona, Oregon, UCLA, Kansas State, Iowa, Gonzaga and Missouri before announcing through his Twitter account that he’d be a Buffalo.
Just committed to play basketball at CU!! Go Buffs!!! #rollTad 👍
— Dom Collier (@DomCollier24) May 8, 2013
“It was really good to get it off my chest, I’m really excited and I feel blessed,” Collier later told Neil H. Devlin of the Denver Post Tuesday night.
Collier finished his junior season, averaging 20.1 points, 3.6 assists and 3.5 steals per game. He led East High to a Colorado Class 5A Championship and earning the state’s Mr. Basketball honors. The future Colorado point guard was also a member of the 2012 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National team.
The success Colorado head coach Tad Boyle has had during his first three years helped the Buffaloes land a big-time in-state recruit.
“(Boyle) has handled that program so well,” Collier told the Post. “I really like that.”
In three seasons in Boulder, Boyle is 69-38 and brought the Buffaloes to a pair of NCAA tournaments in 2012 and 2013.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Mitchell played as well as anyone in the country this July
Jul 31, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
It’s not that strong, but it could have been much worse.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:32 PM EDT
Walker has spent the last 13 seasons at his alma mater.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
The highly athletic wing is back on the market, but he’s yet to be cleared academically.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
The Bulldogs succeeded in keeping a talented in-state product home.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Mayo’s decision means that Marquette has to replace its top four scorers from last season.
Jul 30, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Just over a month after landing a junior college guard, the Rebels have their second commit in the Class of 2015.
Jul 30, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
UCLA is holding out hope that John Wooden Court can be salvaged, but if not they’ll have time to replace it.
Jul 30, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
Larrier is the best recruit that Shaka Smart has landed at VCU.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
After averaging 16.0 points per game as a freshman, the South Plains College guard is looking to become a better lead guard as a sophomore.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s Dayton’s third commitment from the Class of 2015
Jul 30, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Oregon is now left with just nine scholarship players, only two of whom saw significant minutes last season.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Coggins will be heading back closer to his Southern California home
Jul 30, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
Rising sophomore forward Duncan Robinson played his freshman year at Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts, but could be on the move for next season.
Jul 29, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
UCLA reopened Pauley Pavilion in 2012 after $136 million worth of renovations.
Jul 29, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
The UCLA campus became flooded on Tuesday afternoon.
Jul 29, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Mike Krzyzewski is entering his 40th season as a head coach.
Jul 29, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Doug Wojcik has been investigated twice by the College of Charleston.
Jul 29, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Cal told The Sporting News that he couldn’t leave behind the guys that decided to return to school. Do you buy it?
Jul 29, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
A former UK coach gave his listeners some new details about Willie Cauley-Stein’s injury.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)