May 7, 2013, 11:34 PM EST
Colorado began its Class of 2014 with a commitment from Denver native and four-star recruit Dominique Collier, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Denver East High School.
Collier had offers from Arizona, Oregon, UCLA, Kansas State, Iowa, Gonzaga and Missouri before announcing through his Twitter account that he’d be a Buffalo.
Just committed to play basketball at CU!! Go Buffs!!! #rollTad 👍
— Dom Collier (@DomCollier24) May 8, 2013
“It was really good to get it off my chest, I’m really excited and I feel blessed,” Collier later told Neil H. Devlin of the Denver Post Tuesday night.
Collier finished his junior season, averaging 20.1 points, 3.6 assists and 3.5 steals per game. He led East High to a Colorado Class 5A Championship and earning the state’s Mr. Basketball honors. The future Colorado point guard was also a member of the 2012 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National team.
The success Colorado head coach Tad Boyle has had during his first three years helped the Buffaloes land a big-time in-state recruit.
“(Boyle) has handled that program so well,” Collier told the Post. “I really like that.”
In three seasons in Boulder, Boyle is 69-38 and brought the Buffaloes to a pair of NCAA tournaments in 2012 and 2013.
Nov 24, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Florida Gulf Coast suspended a key player for three games on Monday.
Nov 24, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Baylor lost a commitment from a 2015 guard.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:24 PM EST
Jerian Grant was dominant in the final 12 minutes against Providence.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
Once again, the Maui has put together a loaded field.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
There will be some fun basketball games on Monday night.
Nov 24, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
Atson was called by one scout the “Chris Herren of New Haven”.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:41 AM EST
Henton went for 38 against Notre Dame, while West Virginia won the Puerto Rico Tip-Off.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Look at how far away from the rim he takes off.
Nov 24, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Putting together a top 25 this early is tough to do as we balance expectations with early season performance.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
No. 1 Kentucky set a new school record, Ohio State’s Shannon Scott broke Aaron Craft’s single-game assist record and more.
Nov 24, 2014, 12:15 AM EST
‘Buckets’ earned his nickname because he gets … buckets.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
A week that began with a win at No. 7 Florida ended with a commanding victory over Charlotte at the Gildan Charleston Classic.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
West Virginia has better depth and toughness than they had a season ago, and those improvements paid off in Puerto Rico this weekend.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
The 5-foot-10 guard has a standing vertical of 38 inches. That’s pretty good.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Kadeem Jack missed the first two games of the season with a thumb injury.
Nov 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
With Cullen Neal already dealing with an ankle injury, Arthur Edwards is the latest Lobo dealing with a health issue.
Nov 23, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
Rakim Lubin was averaging five minutes per contest in UConn’s first three games.
Nov 23, 2014, 5:16 PM EST
House scored 18 points, shooting 7-for-11 from the field, in Texas A&M’s 64-51 win over New Mexico.
Nov 23, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
Yale forward Matt Townsend was named a Rhodes Scholar this weekend, a rare honor only give to 32 American students each year.
Nov 23, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
Danuel House made his presence felt immediately for Texas A&M.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)