May 7, 2013, 7:02 PM EDT
Oregon landed a big transfer on Tuesday evening when former UNLV forward Mike Moser decided to finish up his collegiate career in his home state.
The news was reported by Mike Prehm of 247Sports.com
Mike Moser has committed to Oregon.
— Matt Prehm (@Prehmmr247) May 7, 2013
Moser is expected to graduate from UNLV this spring which makes him eligible for the 2013-2014 season without having to sit out a season. This past year at UNLV, the 6-foot-8 forward battled injuries, ending the season averaging 7.1 points and 6.1 rebounds per game. Though those numbers were down from his first season with the Runnin’ Rebels when he averaged 14.0 points and 10.5 rebounds a night. It was after his sophomore campaign that he contemplated declaring for the NBA Draft.
Oregon will be the third school in Moser’s career after starting with UCLA in 2009 before transferring to UNLV.
The Portland, Ore. native was on the University of Oregon campus on April 19. He was also considering Gonzaga and was reportedly close to committing to Washington at one point this offseason.
Oregon finished last season with a 28-9 (12-6 Pac-12) record, winning the Pac-12 tournament and making it to the Sweet 16 as a 12-seed only to be eliminated by eventual champion Louisville.
Arizona is the Pac-12 favorite, especially with the addition of Aaron Gordon. Oregon returns star point guard Dominic Artis and Damyean Dotson in the Ducks backcourt. Moser will help make up for the loses of forwards E.J. Singler and Arsalan Kazemi on the frontline.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)