May 7, 2013, 7:02 PM EST
Oregon landed a big transfer on Tuesday evening when former UNLV forward Mike Moser decided to finish up his collegiate career in his home state.
The news was reported by Mike Prehm of 247Sports.com
Mike Moser has committed to Oregon.
— Matt Prehm (@Prehmmr247) May 7, 2013
Moser is expected to graduate from UNLV this spring which makes him eligible for the 2013-2014 season without having to sit out a season. This past year at UNLV, the 6-foot-8 forward battled injuries, ending the season averaging 7.1 points and 6.1 rebounds per game. Though those numbers were down from his first season with the Runnin’ Rebels when he averaged 14.0 points and 10.5 rebounds a night. It was after his sophomore campaign that he contemplated declaring for the NBA Draft.
Oregon will be the third school in Moser’s career after starting with UCLA in 2009 before transferring to UNLV.
The Portland, Ore. native was on the University of Oregon campus on April 19. He was also considering Gonzaga and was reportedly close to committing to Washington at one point this offseason.
Oregon finished last season with a 28-9 (12-6 Pac-12) record, winning the Pac-12 tournament and making it to the Sweet 16 as a 12-seed only to be eliminated by eventual champion Louisville.
Arizona is the Pac-12 favorite, especially with the addition of Aaron Gordon. Oregon returns star point guard Dominic Artis and Damyean Dotson in the Ducks backcourt. Moser will help make up for the loses of forwards E.J. Singler and Arsalan Kazemi on the frontline.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 2
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)