May 7, 2013, 8:48 PM EST
Jerod Haase has made a nice pickup as former Virginia Tech Hokie Robert Brown has decided to transfer into the UAB program.
Brown, a 6-foot-5 two-guard from Florida, averaged 8.3 points as a sophomore in Blacksburg, but he saw his three-point shooting percentage drop to 23.5%. His connection to UAB is that two former assistant coaches, Rob Ehsan and Jeff Wulbrun, were on the Tech staff when he was a freshman.
“I’m real [close] to Coach Ehsan and Coach Wulbrun,” Brown told AL.com. “It’s significantly closer to home from where I was. They brought me in and showed me the campus and I really liked it.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)