May 7, 2013, 8:48 PM EST
Jerod Haase has made a nice pickup as former Virginia Tech Hokie Robert Brown has decided to transfer into the UAB program.
Brown, a 6-foot-5 two-guard from Florida, averaged 8.3 points as a sophomore in Blacksburg, but he saw his three-point shooting percentage drop to 23.5%. His connection to UAB is that two former assistant coaches, Rob Ehsan and Jeff Wulbrun, were on the Tech staff when he was a freshman.
“I’m real [close] to Coach Ehsan and Coach Wulbrun,” Brown told AL.com. “It’s significantly closer to home from where I was. They brought me in and showed me the campus and I really liked it.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)