May 7, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Jerod Haase has made a nice pickup as former Virginia Tech Hokie Robert Brown has decided to transfer into the UAB program.
Brown, a 6-foot-5 two-guard from Florida, averaged 8.3 points as a sophomore in Blacksburg, but he saw his three-point shooting percentage drop to 23.5%. His connection to UAB is that two former assistant coaches, Rob Ehsan and Jeff Wulbrun, were on the Tech staff when he was a freshman.
“I’m real [close] to Coach Ehsan and Coach Wulbrun,” Brown told AL.com. “It’s significantly closer to home from where I was. They brought me in and showed me the campus and I really liked it.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)