May 7, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Jerod Haase has made a nice pickup as former Virginia Tech Hokie Robert Brown has decided to transfer into the UAB program.
Brown, a 6-foot-5 two-guard from Florida, averaged 8.3 points as a sophomore in Blacksburg, but he saw his three-point shooting percentage drop to 23.5%. His connection to UAB is that two former assistant coaches, Rob Ehsan and Jeff Wulbrun, were on the Tech staff when he was a freshman.
“I’m real [close] to Coach Ehsan and Coach Wulbrun,” Brown told AL.com. “It’s significantly closer to home from where I was. They brought me in and showed me the campus and I really liked it.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)