May 7, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Jerod Haase has made a nice pickup as former Virginia Tech Hokie Robert Brown has decided to transfer into the UAB program.
Brown, a 6-foot-5 two-guard from Florida, averaged 8.3 points as a sophomore in Blacksburg, but he saw his three-point shooting percentage drop to 23.5%. His connection to UAB is that two former assistant coaches, Rob Ehsan and Jeff Wulbrun, were on the Tech staff when he was a freshman.
“I’m real [close] to Coach Ehsan and Coach Wulbrun,” Brown told AL.com. “It’s significantly closer to home from where I was. They brought me in and showed me the campus and I really liked it.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)